Graphics
sandybridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
after downloading and installing 10.8.5 coming from 10.8.6 computer fails to bOoT. It wont start in any mode. Says up timE in nanoseconds and stays. Please help criticial info on drive. I downloaded and installed update from appstore.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
after downloading and installing 10.8.5 coming from 10.8.6 computer fails to bOoT. It wont start in any mode. Says up timE in nanoseconds and stays. Please help criticial info on drive. I downloaded and installed update from appstore.

There is no such thing as 10.8.6.

I see a couple of problems here:
- use used App Store update: always a mistake.
- your version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is the 10.8.4 version, not 10.8.5 (points to a problem building kernel cache)
- you probably have not patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
- you're posting in the wrong forum (I will move it)
- you probably did not install/update following the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html
- if you already installed 10.8.5 update, it was likely not successful, since you're still using 10.8.4 kexts...

My suggestion:
- review the official guide
- boot using your current install Unibeast USB with "-f" bootflag
- run the latest ProBook Installer (v6.1.7) following the 10.8.5 upgrade instructions from the guide

See if that helps. Otherwise, provide more accurate information on what you did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back