i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I updated to 10.14.4. It took longer than usual but I just let it run and in time it finished and booted properly.

The only thing not working is Preview. When I try to open a jpg image Preview opens but it won't show the image. I can open the image in other photo editing programs.

Did I miss something? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I updated to 10.14.4. It took longer than usual but I just let it run and in time it finished and booted properly.

The only thing not working is Preview. When I try to open a jpg image Preview opens but it won't show the image. I can open the image in other photo editing programs.

Did I miss something? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Make sure you upgrade to Lilu.kext v1.3.5 and NoVPAJpeg.kext version built with Lilu 1.3.5.
  • This can easily be done by placing the two kexts on your desktop (make sure you don't have others there too!) and running the KextBeast app. Install to /Library/Extensions when prompted in KextBeast.
  • NoVPAJpeg.kext is needed for the image preview issue you explain.

Make sure you upgrade to Lilu.kext v1.3.5 and NoVPAJpeg.kext version built with Lilu 1.3.5.
  • This can easily be done by placing the two kexts on your desktop (make sure you don't have others there too!) and running the KextBeast app. Install to /Library/Extensions when prompted in KextBeast.
  • NoVPAJpeg.kext is needed for the image preview issue you explain.
Thanks for the help. It worked perfectly. Being new to the Hackintosh world there is so much I don't know but I'm learning slowly and with help like yours I'm understanding it a little at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back