Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion & Mavericks

This and can you post your updated multibeast install?
I apologize for not updating the OP with the latest MultiBeast configuration Screen snapshots. Here's the preview until I can update the original post. Here's the short hand for 10.9.5 MultiBeast configuration:
Quick Start > DSDT-Free
Drivers > Realtek ALC8xxx > Realtek ALC898
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e

Optional
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch <--- for SSD installation
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display <--- only use this on monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080​

Those are the only items you need to choose as the DSDT-Free option will load the other necessary items.

If you are updating an existing Mavericks system to 10.9.5, see my post here for how to update to 10.9.5.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion & Mavericks

Hello Stork,

Did you have a problem with the SystemID bug? Or a problem with the ROM & MLB?

I think my SystemID is okay. It's 16 x 2 digits. All numeric.

My ROM is all 0's so I know I need to find a fix for that.
I have read the "How to fix iMessage" but it's not easy for me to fix since the machine is not mine, and am logging into it remotely. I need to be very careful what I do.

Hello Stork,

Did you have a problem with the SystemID bug? Or a problem with the ROM & MLB?

I think my SystemID is okay. It's 16 x 2 digits. All numeric.

My ROM is all 0's so I know I need to find a fix for that.
I have read the "How to fix iMessage" but it's not easy for me to fix since the machine is not mine, and am logging into it remotely. I need to be very careful what I do.
I don't think so as I don't know what is the SystemID bug. I've not had a problem on my systems with iMessage after I changed my Apple password last year.

I don't think so as I don't know what is the SystemID bug.

Stork, our GA-Z77X-UP5-TH is one of the boards that has the SystemID bug. FYI. If you are not having iMessage issues you can ignore it. This board fails to set the SystemID properly. The SystemID is part of Apples security and verification for their cloud services.
See JayMonkey's excellent post for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

The main paragraph for us is:

"The SId Bug

On some PC Motherboards (most notable on GA-Z77-UP5-TH), the BIOS does not initialise the key 'SystemId' correctly (also know and SM-UUID) with a Universally Unique IDentifier or UUID. It would seem that in these cases 'SystemId' is set to a default (non-unique) UUID such as "00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009" or something very similar, I have read reports of some ASRock motherboards BIOS returning all zero's for the SystemId ?"

I used Clover to inject a good SystemID permanently into the boot process. His post is long but the details are in there on using Clover to fix the bug.

Oh! That SystemID bug. IIRC, all my systems work with iMessage. However, I'm traveling at the moment so I'll check this coming weekend to be sure.

I updated my Thunderbolt system to 10.9.5 from 10.9.4 as per my post #2. Audio disappeared after an auto sleep then wake-up. I manually put it to sleep for 10 seconds, woke it up and audio returned. If this is a PITA for you to do, use the appropriate audio driver from MultiBeast v6.2.2. :thumbup:

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

Hi Stork,
i have a Thunderboltex II Asus on a X99 system. the thunderbolt working but it write on profile system as a Firewire card 800o_O
otherwise it seems to work corectly..

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

Hey Stork. I have this mobo with an i7-3700k and a gtx 660ti. My 10.8.2 system can no longer function. About to try your updated guide tonight/tomorrow. Been 2 weeks without a computer and this thread is the only thing giving me hope :clap:

Safe to say I'm having issues with my build.

Specs

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7-3700k
32gb 1333 corsair RAM
GTX 660ti SC
samsung 840 120gb ssd

I've had the main parts of this build for 2 years and had my system working off the hack by alfa guide on 10.8.2. Random freezes while audio would keep playing without keyboard or mouse function would happen once or twice a week. My first boot ssd crashed or became corrupted somehow and I could not boot from it. Reinstalled 10.8.2 on a second ssd and my system worked for 3 weeks. While trying to boot, the system would hang on the spinning wheel on the white screen with the apple logo. Booting verbose would stop at a "The IOUSB did not receive enough extra current".

Now I bought a new ssd and updated my bios to most recent. BIOS install went fine then made my unibeast mavericks 10.9.3 usb. Install went fine until i ran multibeast. I used the same settings for multibeast as they are in this guide. these prompts came up while it was configuring MultiBeastOne.pngMultiBeastTwo.png

That was yesterday. Today I booted and everything has been working fine. Get back from school and try to boot and I'm getting instant freezes. This is my first computer I ever built so I would not be surprised if this is a hardware problem, specifically the mobo. I'm to the point where Im going to scrap this mobo and find something that will use my i7-3700k and will be more consistent. Also, this mavericks install has been without my graphics card plugged in.

Since I cannot boot from the mavericks ssd, i tried booting from the mavericks install that is on the usb stick. That's how I am typing this right now. I'm so confused. I'll upload my bios settings momentarily

Safe to say I'm having issues with my build...I bought a new ssd and updated my bios to most recent. BIOS install went fine then made my unibeast mavericks 10.9.3 usb. Install went fine until i ran multibeast. I used the same settings for multibeast as they are in this guide. these prompts came up while it was configuring View attachment 105864View attachment 105865

That was yesterday. Today I booted and everything has been working fine. Get back from school and try to boot and I'm getting instant freezes. This is my first computer I ever built so I would not be surprised if this is a hardware problem, specifically the mobo. I'm to the point where Im going to scrap this mobo and find something that will use my i7-3700k and will be more consistent. Also, this mavericks install has been without my graphics card plugged in.

Since I cannot boot from the mavericks ssd, i tried booting from the mavericks install that is on the usb stick. That's how I am typing this right now. I'm so confused. I'll upload my bios settings momentarily
Your MultiBeast notices are normal as Apple has inserted a safety check on installing non (developer) signature kexts. (IIRC, it's called Sandbox, but I'm not sure.) Note that they were loaded anyway.

Your freezes can be due to any of your components in the process of failing, too. Run memtest (Google it), which is a standalone OS/utility, which will test your memory. You could also have a bad PSU or graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back