Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

grgkrastev,
Mine shows up as a "D14P2-30", too.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/stork/albums/10-8-3-nvidia-gtx-650-ti-screenshots/

BTW, did you read MacMan's article OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks

However, I don't play games so I'm not the one to ask about the performance. I recommend you see the 650 Ti threads in Graphics to see if there are any answers. In the meantime, I'll research the problem.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Yeah i read all the articles for 10.8.3 and 650Ti + 10.8.3 and OpenCL Benchmarks but nothing....
10x anyway!

Just make sure that you use GraphicsEnabler=No.

The only other thought for your performance is due to 10.8.3 "thinks" our 650 Ti is a 650M which is the chipset in the 21.5" iMac (with the optional i5 @ 2.9GHz or i7 @ 3.1GHZ processors). Since 10.8.3 only supports the mobile 600 chipset series, we'll have to await another update in either Mountain Lion or nVidia drivers.

I understand now ... 10x a lot for ur great effort....
btw.. Yes im using GraphicsEnaber=No
Best regards!

Dear Stork ,

I have a GA 77X UP5TH install with a 3770K processor .... was perfect in 10.8.2 , but after 10.8.3 , the System
reboots automatically 5-6 seconds after shutdown ... I am using the 640 GT card ..
HELPPPPP .... !!!

IIRC, disable Wake-on-LAN in the BIOS.

Hey,

I have about the same setup as this build and I'm wondering if I can run my Display connected to the DVI port on the Motherboard using the intel graphics so that all the power of the GPU can be used by GPU enabled apps like FinalCut or the CS6 Suite. My aim is to pull the load of display off of the dedicated GPU so that the graphics card will only be used to do calculations for the apps and not for running the display.

Short answer: No, you can not "channel" the graphics power of your graphics card through the Intel Integrated Graphics motherboard hardware. You must connect your monitor to your graphics card to get the capabilities of the graphics card.

The Intel Integrated Graphics motherboard output only takes it's graphics from an appropriate Intel i3/i5/i7 processor.

Well, I think I found the solution this time : problem is I was running two memories on single channel, due to all my previous Gigabyte motherboards using a color scheme for each one, spaced ABAB. It's not the case with the UP5. Apparently, the 2 slots close to the CPU are channel A, the 2 closer to the ATX power, channel B. It's in the manual, but it should be written in bold, as it's so unusual.
I'm now using channel B and wake/sleep seems to work fine at last.
It also explains why I couldn't achieve a proper overclock.
Are you sure about that? According to the UP5 manual, the memory slot layout is alternating.....

The four DDR3 memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets asfollowing:
Channel A: DDR3_2, DDR3_4
Channel B: DDR3_1, DDR3_3

Where 1 is closest to the ATX connector and 4 is closest to CPU. And they recommend either 1,3 or 2,4. However, they then say.............

When enabling Dual Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that memory
of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. For optimum performance, when enablingDual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1and DDR3_2 sockets.

But they don't say how to turn on Dual Channel (although this is in the MIT BIOS)...........

• Channel Interleaving
    Enables or disables memory channel interleaving. Enabled allows the system to simultaneously accessdifferent channels of the memory to increase memory performance and stability. Auto lets the BIOSautomatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

Hello again :)
I just wanted to let u know .. I fixed my issues. My PCIex slot was working on x2 and that was the problem.. Now everything works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back