Graphics
nvidia gt740sc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had Yosemite installed for 18 months with no problem at all, worked like a dream, then for some stupid reason I decided to update iTunes and a couple of security updates and since then I have no audio and my machine will not shut down/restart properly, must force shut down.
I haven't got a clue what to do, do I need to perform a full new install or can I just add the audio drivers etc, I can't remember all the steps I followed when building the machine, any help at all would be deeply appreciated.

I had Yosemite installed for 18 months with no problem at all, worked like a dream, then for some stupid reason I decided to update iTunes and a couple of security updates and since then I have no audio and my machine will not shut down/restart properly, must force shut down.

I haven't got a clue what to do, do I need to perform a full new install or can I just add the audio drivers etc, I can't remember all the steps I followed when building the machine, any help at all would be deeply appreciated.

I don't think updating iTunes is the cause of your problems. But installing the Security Updates may cause the audio to stop working if you install the audio drivers from MultiBeast when you first setup your system. If this is indeed the case then you will have to launch MultiBeast and install the audio drivers again.

I have no idea what cause the shutdown issues, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back