Contribute
Register

Updated from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and can't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
CURRENT STATUS. See below for whole story.

I can now only boot with -just- the command 'GraphicsEnabler=No'

This is after reinstalling some different MB options. I now have working Network and Audio. It's just the video (and the inability to normally boot without any flags)

I have no video options, Itunes etc won't display properly.

I have added the device ID of my ATi 5750 to the ATi5000Controller.kext, saved and restarted, here I am now. Can someone please advise me? Thank you very much.

-----------------------------------------------------

What do I do?

Here's what I did:

Downloaded 10.6.8 combo update

Installed it

Ran the latest Multibeast and selected EasyBeast as well as repair permissions.

Restarted, as soon as I get past the Hackintosh boot screen and into the Apple grey loading screen I get an immediate Kernel Panic.

How can I troubleshoot, then solve this?

Thanks. System specs are under my name.

Oh yeah, I have 8GB RAM (2x4 sticks) I seem to remember something saying that you can't install Multibeast with 8GB RAM in, you need to have 4GB in, then when everything is installed and working you can put the other 4GB in... Does this still apply?

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

Here's what I get when I run in Verbose mode:

img2954g.jpg

EDIT 3:

I have tried the following:

Safe mode

PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No

EDIT 4:

This is with Verbose and Safe mode I believe.

img2956bi.jpg

EDIT 5:

I typed in "npci=0x2000" in the boot options and I now have a spinny wheel, as opposed to an immediate KP... Can anyone advise me what to do to bring my system back up to full functionality? Cheers.

EDIT 6:

I have now typed in:

"DSDT=null npci=0x2000 -v"

And have arrived at my desktop after a longer-than-usual boot in verbose mode.

It appears my resolution isn't set right, which tells me OSX isn't using my GPU correctly.

What can I do now to ensure that I can boot normally from now on?

EDIT 7:

I reinstalled Multibeast whilst on desktop using the MB settings in the "CustoMac Mini" guide.

Now when I boot normally I get an infinitely spinning wheel, but no KP's.

When I boot in verbose mode I get:

img2957df.jpg

I'd really like to get up and running as soon as possible. Thank you.

Thank you.

jim_of_the_dead said:
this sounds like the same problem im having see the post below yours =(

Unfortunately Hackintosh is such a multi-headed beast that two people can have the same problem, but from entirely different causes.

I'm guessing that by updating to 10.6.8 the new kexts have thrown something out of whack and, thus, I need to figure out how I can boot into desktop in order to get things put right.

im wondering auto update has gone and installed a hiher version of snow leopard and broken something but i dont really have a clue what im talking about. i just want to know if i can restore the system using a retail snow leopard dvd and the Iboot. but i think the only person who can answer that is the guy who built it and he isnt answering my emails =(

Fixed. I used Chameleon to see my installed Kexts, deleted the ones from MultiBeast and ran system utilities.

Then I installed DSDT for my Mobo, restarted and everything is working 100%

Massive thanks to both SJ and StingRay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back