Contribute
Register

Updated for 2020 - High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite / 6300 Pro Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My audio is broken though - I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.
Hi Jd, same thing happened to me initially, when i followed this guide. To fix I opened my config.plist in clover and updated the kexts. Go to the kext installer menu (bottom left) and then select 'other' in the OS version top right. You should see clover check your kexts and highlight the ones needing an update green, then just hit the download button. after that reboot and see if that fixes sound for you. Worked for me.

Hi Jd, same thing happened to me initially, when i followed this guide. To fix I opened my config.plist in clover and updated the kexts. Go to the kext installer menu (bottom left) and then select 'other' in the OS version top right. You should see clover check your kexts and highlight the ones needing an update green, then just hit the download button. after that reboot and see if that fixes sound for you. Worked for me.
bjay, thank you friend. worked great thanks!

I noticed that the Sniki guide goes into power management and whatnot, citing that it helps processing performance reach it's peak (or something like that).

Is there something that can or should be done after this guide is complete? If not, no worries. I'm just aiming to understand.

Hello everyone? How are you?

I have the HP Elite 8300 CMT, and Mojave works just great, very happy with the machine. Now, I wanna upgrade to a more faster disk (thinking in more than 1000 MB/s read/speed), so I bought an M.2 ssd with a PCI-E X4 adapter. I install the card in the PCI-E of the machine, the light go the ssd turn on, but the machine did not show any disc connected. If I use the SATA adapter for the m.2 ssd, works fine but with read/write velocities of max 450 mb/s. I will appreciate any suggestion with this issue. Be safe...

your hack friend from Chile
Claudio

Hello everyone? How are you?

I have the HP Elite 8300 CMT, and Mojave works just great, very happy with the machine. Now, I wanna upgrade to a more faster disk (thinking in more than 1000 MB/s read/speed), so I bought an M.2 ssd with a PCI-E X4 adapter. I install the card in the PCI-E of the machine, the light go the ssd turn on, but the machine did not show any disc connected. If I use the SATA adapter for the m.2 ssd, works fine but with read/write velocities of max 450 mb/s. I will appreciate any suggestion with this issue. Be safe...

your hack friend from Chile
Claudio
Hello Claudio, try putting the attached driver in your Drivers_UEFI folder and then reboot to see if the drive is recognized. Remember to leave your Clover bootloader on the EFI partition of a standard Sata SSD and not on the NVME drive. You could also add the NVME driver to your Unibeast USB drive and boot from that.

Attachments

• NvmExpressDxe-64.efi.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hi k1llerPC

In some forums it is proposed as a solution to change the date in MacOS Installer / Terminal
"date 0927000017".

regards

Hey, I did this guide 6 or 7 months ago. I'm now needing to use WiFi for this machine (had to move router location). Will a generic wifi adapter from Amazon work fine?

Has anyone been using a wifi adapter with this build and guide? Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Hey, I did this guide 6 or 7 months ago. I'm now needing to use WiFi for this machine (had to move router location). Will a generic wifi adapter from Amazon work fine?

Has anyone been using a wifi adapter with this build and guide? Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Things seem quiet around here.

In case this helps anyone, I answered my own question. This USB Wifi adapter works great (just note that you'll need to manually download the driver install from the manufacturer, but after that there are no issues at all)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5PRK7J/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Things seem quiet around here.

In case this helps anyone, I answered my own question. This USB Wifi adapter works great (just note that you'll need to manually download the driver install from the manufacturer, but after that there are no issues at all)
Yes, most people have moved on from High Sierra to newer macOS versions.

I've used that USB wifi adapter with Catalina and it still works up to 10.15.5 but not with versions after that. Seems that Apple dropped support. Don't know if TP-Link will be able to provide a working driver post 10.15.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back