i7-8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I messed up bad.
Hackintosh was successfully running a clean install of Mojave and have not touched it since for more than a year since I use a MBP for work.

Sorta remember reading somewhere that updating like a normal mac would be fine, did that and went thru the long waiting screen and ended up with a black screen (which flashes when i press spacebar) and a moving cursor (at times).

I panicked and saw someone mentioning updating kexts would work, and I went the copy and paste route via Finder.

Now I get no signal at all. Tried removing RX 580 and using onboard graphics, but still no go. Re-seated RX 580 and used DisplayPort, also no go. Managed to connect to the hackintosh HDD via network but cant seem to share screen.

Is this still salvageable? If it is, I'm all ears. If not, I might push all this to another time and wait for MultiBeast Catalina to be available and go for another clean install.

yes put them in EFI partition/EFI/Clover/kexts/other
you may not be able to mount system partitions depending version of MacOS you are using

yes put them in EFI partition/EFI/Clover/kexts/other
you may not be able to mount system partitions depending version of MacOS you are using
i have already done so though. Could it be a prob cos i copied and pasted the kexts into L/E? Ive read copying and pasting kexts is not recommended

You can Copy and Paste but you must repair permissions
Best if you let it work as follows:

Apple supplied kexts go in /System/Library/Extentions and /Library/Extentions

Hardware and maybe Software vendors kexts go in /Library/Extensions. Only put hackintosh kexts here if they wont work in clover kext location

put hackintosh texts in clover kexts/other unless you need unique kext for a certain macOS

i tried repairing permissions but i might be getting errors, here's the log
HiakDush is the name of my SSD that just got recently updated to catalina. Noticed i now have 2 entries under the HDD in APFS, HiakDush and HiakDush - Data (is this a normal thing, or did i just messed up somewhere along the line?)

After the repairs are done, i hooked it up to my hackintosh again and still got black screen :(
Running First Aid on “Container disk3”

Repairing storage system
Performing fsck_apfs -y -x /dev/disk2s2
Checking the container superblock.
Checking the EFI jumpstart record.
Checking the space manager.
Checking the space manager free queue trees.
Checking the object map.
Checking volume.
Checking the APFS volume superblock.
The volume HiakDush - Data was formatted by hfs_convert (945.250.134) and last modified by apfs_kext (945.275.7).
warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (0): apfs_features has unrecognized features (10)
Checking the object map.
Checking the snapshot metadata tree.
Checking the snapshot metadata.
Checking the extent ref tree.
Checking the fsroot tree.
Checking volume.
The volume Preboot was formatted by hfs_convert (945.250.134) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).
Checking the object map.
Checking volume.
The volume Recovery was formatted by diskmanagementd (945.250.134) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).
Checking the object map.
Checking volume.
The volume VM was formatted by apfs.util (945.250.134) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).
Checking the object map.
Checking volume.
The volume HiakDush was formatted by diskmanagementd (1412.41.1) and last modified by apfs_kext (945.275.7).
warning: apfs_sb at apfs_fs_index (4): apfs_features has unrecognized features (10)
Checking the object map.
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff000014ab): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00001662): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00003d23): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00005e0f): invalid bsd_flags (0x880000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0000b0fa): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00015ee7): invalid bsd_flags (0x880000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff000316e0): invalid bsd_flags (0x880000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00032a9f): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0004636d): invalid bsd_flags (0x880000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff00065a65): invalid bsd_flags (0x880000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e28d): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e28e): invalid bsd_flags (0x908000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e291): invalid bsd_flags (0x808000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e293): invalid bsd_flags (0x808000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e295): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e296): invalid bsd_flags (0x808000)
warning: inode_val: object (oid 0xfffffff0007e297): invalid bsd_flags (0x900000)
Verifying allocated space.
The volume /dev/disk2s2 appears to be OK.
Storage system check exit code is 0.

Operation successful.

have you updated clover? i had same issue after updating from mojave. turn out i need to update clover and few kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other (applealc, fakesmc, lilu and weg)

Last edited:
have you updated clover? i had same issue after updating from mojave. turn out i need to update clover and few kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other (applealc, fakesmc, lilu and weg)
By updating clover, you mean updating the clover bootloader thingy right?
im currently not sure how to update it actually. Im reading and absorbing as much as i can and i havent reached the part where i can do so externally

yes, updating clover bootloader. currently mine is version 5070.

following the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-catalina.284463/ i did use clover r4920 for mojave, but when updating to catalina, it has blank screen issue. fortunately i am dual booting windows 10, which i rarely use. so in windows, i installed clover 5070 onto a usb stick, with all the kexts mentioned, and replacing the default config.plist file with the one in my Mojave EFI folder backup.

Here's my EFI, just place your config.plist into /EFI/CLOVER

Hope this helps

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 299
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back