i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I have a Hack with a Sabertooth Z77, a 3770k and a GTX680.
I heard of the broken OpenCL are at least performance decrease of the 6xx series, and I wanted to ask wether I have any advantgae of updating to 10.8.4 with my system. My 10.8.2 is doing well at the moment, not missing any features.
Do you recommend it?

At the moment I have very little time to mess around with OS X, I really just need it to work.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I saw no reason to upgrade until now, maybe you guys have one.
Never fix a running system..

Thanks!

If everything works then don't bother. I've see a reasonable Geekbench and Novabench hit going from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4.

This'll probably be the last update before 10.9 so you might as well wait for that, and even then, I'd skip that unless there's a feature you want to use.

I used to update immediately all the time, but now I value stability over anything, so if everything is working correctly I'm happy to wait, at least until updates have been tested and problems ironed out. (This 10.8.4 update was inadvertent... don't ask)

EDIT: I just booted to my 10.8.3 backup and checked Geekbench and Novabench there and got similar scores, so it must be my machine either running additional processes or slowing down slightly. I'd still not bother updating if everything is working though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back