Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, am I the only one having issues with 10.6.7? I followed the instructions here:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -2011.html

I have a Sandy Bridge processor and Im running it at 3.2Ghz (the i7 2600k) and after installing the update I cannot get the machine to restart using chameleon anymore (was working for 10.6.6). Using iBoot Legacy (which has worked fine for me before) I get stuck at '[ PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN ]'

Sometimes it sits there and sometimes it restarts.

For 10.6.6 I was using the following boot flags:

-v -force64 arch=i386 PciRoot=1 busratio=29

I have tried every combination of those to get it running using iBoot and ive been unsuccessful thus far. I get stuck at the same message. I have also tried -x and -s. No dice.

Any ideas?

I have this same problem but my machine gets stuck on teh blue screen before going into the desktop. I think im going to revert back to 10.6.6.

But did you check your bios and see if you HDD got reordered? That happened to me.

At this point I think I've tried every possible boot flag in every possible combination (obviously exaggerated) and still no dice. I've tried disabling every non major component thru my bios and still gets stuck at the same place.

Hmmm I noticed the kernel its booting (or at least the first line of the boot screen in verbose) is version 10.6.0

Oops that was me^^^^^^^^

Was accidentally logged into my friends account.

Hi,

Same problem here.

I've posted about that issue in the "official" thread about MBP 2011 10.6.7 update and another person said he had faced the issue and solved it by removing some kexts.

I've tried that, but in vain. And like you, I have tried playing with kernel flags, bios settings. No improvement.

I cannot even boot in safe mode or with a legacy boot cd.

No idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back