Contribute
Register

[UPDATE][SUCCESS] Macbooky's Coffee Lake Mini - Z370M-itx - i5-8400 - UHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys were able to get sleep/wake working with Coffee Lake cpus? Is the hang on wake issue just a skylake/kabylake thing?

It drove me insane in my Desk Mini 7600k build. But Asrock is planning on launching a Z370 deskmini platform at CES. If sleep/wake does work for Coffee Lake then I'm definitely planning on getting the new deskmini for a new small 6 core photo editing machine.

Cool build! Really interested in building something similar as my first hackintosh in the Lazer3D LZ7 case, and have some questions.

• Did you need to change anything in BIOS for this to work? I've read your post a thousand times, and you don't seem to mention it aside from some crossed out text, and suggesting another user activate igpu in BIOS - is the motherboard that perfect OOB?
  • I've read in some other threads that replacing the WiFi chip can be a bit of a hassle - how much of a hassle is it on this mobo? Or is it straight forward?
  • More of a guess answer, but in terms of integrated graphics, would the 8700 work equally well given the fact that it also has the UHD630 and is supported OOB in high sierra?
Cheers man, hope you're enjoying that build!

Cool build! Really interested in building something similar as my first hackintosh in the Lazer3D LZ7 case, and have some questions.

• Did you need to change anything in BIOS for this to work? I've read your post a thousand times, and you don't seem to mention it aside from some crossed out text, and suggesting another user activate igpu in BIOS - is the motherboard that perfect OOB?
  • I've read in some other threads that replacing the WiFi chip can be a bit of a hassle - how much of a hassle is it on this mobo? Or is it straight forward?
  • More of a guess answer, but in terms of integrated graphics, would the 8700 work equally well given the fact that it also has the UHD630 and is supported OOB in high sierra?
Cheers man, hope you're enjoying that build!

@1 the usual

@2 for me o scale to 10 it was a 2. Just need a tiny screwdriver

@3 yes, just stick to 14,2 for best result

Please give me steps to install Serria on i5-8400, Z370M D3H motherboard and 16GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics and 250GB WD SSD !! Thanks...

how did you guys setup your BCM94352Z WiFi/Bluetooth card?

I got my setup everything is working except, dual monitors, I can only use only HDMI or only DVI, if I plug both just one of them is working. What to do?

Your board shows two HDMI and one Display Port (no DVI). Have you tried using a Display Port to HDMI converter on the Display Port? I used one to get three monitors working on a GTX 1050 (one each DVI, HDMI, DP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back