Contribute
Register

[UPDATE][SUCCESS] Macbooky's Coffee Lake Mini - Z370M-itx - i5-8400 - UHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how slick and small that build is. It's so good.

How is the system running now that there's native support for the Coffee lake CPU?

It's running pretty well in fact .. Temps do go up quite a bit when under lord because of the little airflow. Luckily it's has a protective mesh cover under the real cover, so leaving the top of fixes that issue pretty well.

It's running pretty well in fact .. Temps do go up quite a bit when under lord because of the little airflow. Luckily it's has a protective mesh cover under the real cover, so leaving the top of fixes that issue pretty well.
I meant in terms of the OS and general software usage since the native support was added, but that's good to know for other users as well.

It runs smoothly as well. Although it had some hick-ups I noticed removing Shiki.kext made a quick end to that. Also there are some weird artefacts when I go somewhat deeper in the system. For instance launching Clover Configurator makes it artefact straight away, whereas opening EFI with Efi mounter and then opening clover by double clicking config.plist is fine.

Also note that all these things only happen at 4K resolution HiDpi. 1080p or lower is just fine. I presume 2K will be as well.

I have the solution for Intel UHD630 sudden artifacts. Change the SMBIOS from iMac18.3 to iMac14,2.
I have ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING and i5-8400 and i had the same problem.

Last edited:
My build using i5-8400 and Z370 pro4 mainboard, I Updated from High Sierra 10.13 to 10.13.2. Everything work well but after wake up from sleep Chrome can not load any website and Safari can not play video on YouTube. Anyone know solution?

My build using i5-8400 and Z370 pro4 mainboard, I Updated from High Sierra 10.13 to 10.13.2. Everything work well but after wake up from sleep Chrome can not load any website and Safari can not play video on YouTube. Anyone know solution?

Make sure to load the GFX0 -> IGPU patch in Clover Configurator. It's under ACPI, list of patches
Schermafbeelding 2017-12-23 om 10.19.55.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Macbooky,
I have patched like your advice, but it's not work. But, when I try Disable "Wake for Ethernet network access" in Energy Saver Tab. It work for me!
Thanks,

Was anyone able to do (from HD630) two monitors at 4K@60 with mITX Z370 board? For desktop/wokstation non-game work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back