Contribute
Register

Update Ryzen System to macOS Ventura

Ok, downloaded the Patches Plist, I know what to edit in it since I have a 6 core ryzen, but don't know what to do with it it when I get it edited, yes I'm a noob
You 'Tech savvy' people kill me sometimes!. I suggest making a copy of your original working EFI and installing it in the EFI partition of a USB drive. Delete the patches in your EFI, copy the new patches which Leesureone gave you and paste them in your EFI. Boot from the USB to see if it works.

Ok, I'll see if I can figure it out, this is my first time hackintoshing, coming from windows

Ok, I'll see if I can figure it out, this is my first time hackintoshing, coming from windows
If you have issues, zip up your EFI and attach it here. I’ll be available to look at later today.

Here's my current EFI, if you want to take a look at it, I wasn't sure if all you do is replace the patches section of the config.plist, or if there's more to it, I have my EFI backed up, but I can't figure out how to edit the plist with proper tree, obviously it's not copy and paste over.....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
And just to be clear, you are changing the Replace data value, not the Find data value. This is what my patch looks like for the Ryzen 5700X.View attachment 565015

Hello. I'm trying to upgrade to ventura from Monterey. I was wondering what that software to edit the config.plist is? Also, for the AMD vanilla patch, I'm unsure what to do? Surely not replace the whole file on my EFI right? I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm failing to understand. THanks!

Hello. I'm trying to upgrade to ventura from Monterey. I was wondering what that software to edit the config.plist is? Also, for the AMD vanilla patch, I'm unsure what to do? Surely not replace the whole file on my EFI right? I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm failing to understand. THanks!
The App I use for editing the plist is called ProperTree, it can be found on GitHub. Yes you are replacing the whole patch section from the EFI. Just select the word ‘Patch’ and delete it, then copy the AMD vanilla patch, make sure it’s the newest one, and paste it into the EFI. Check you’ve enetered the correct values for your processor cores.

Back