Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 oc w/ Accelero water cooler
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been working with 10.6.3 and ive been trying to get it to update to 10.6.8 and i get the install and into the OS but when i do the upgrade and restart and use Iboot to load the OS after the update i get kp and it gives me this message

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present

any help would be great. Ive already done it once and ended up having to reinstall because my dual boot did not work i had ML running with all my kext and bootloader setup and now it just doesnt want to do it again.

I have been working with 10.6.3 and ive been trying to get it to update to 10.6.8 and i get the install and into the OS but when i do the upgrade and restart and use Iboot to load the OS after the update i get kp and it gives me this message

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present

any help would be great. Ive already done it once and ended up having to reinstall because my dual boot did not work i had ML running with all my kext and bootloader setup and now it just doesnt want to do it again.

shafty

Once you do the update do you use the Mulibeast program again after the Combo Update to replace the kexts / options that you need for the OSX to work.

Is so then on that reboot I suggest you use some command line switches
-v -f would be what I use - if not other switches were used during the install - the issue is that Apple changes the kext files for network and sound ( among others) every time they produce an update.

Try these switches at the boot up and see what happens take pictures and post.

So what your saying is use multi beast after the update before I reset for the update to take place because when I restart the system after download and install of 10.6.8 it just kp's

So what your saying is use multi beast after the update before I reset for the update to take place because when I restart the system after download and install of 10.6.8 it just kp's

With the Z77N WiFi you should be using iBoot-Ivy-Bridge and forget about MultiBeast.

With the Z77N WiFi you should be using iBoot-Ivy-Bridge and forget about MultiBeast.

shafty

GB is correct and sorry I didnt catch that due to the hardware you have

You need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge cd

Also you may want to remove that video card and use the onboard CPU hd4000 for the video and use the boot switch GraphicsEnabler=No

for install

Whats needed is to get to OSX 10.6.8 then purchase the ML file from the Apple APP store and make the unibeast thump drive. So you can install OSX Mountain Lion from the USB stick.

I don't have the video card in I've been using the hd 4000 for install and I have been using the I boot CD I have not tryed the graphicsenabler no I thought that was for systems with a dedicated gpu. Also I have got it to updated before I don't remember how I did it so I have bought ml and made the thumb and got stupid and formated the thumb driver der der der lol. I will try that and let ya know what happens

is it possible to make a SL thumbdrive instead of using the DVD?

Ok so im in 10.6.3! Now that im in the OS any suggestions on how to go about this?

Usually i just go to software update and it has 10.6.8 and i click install updates and it downloads it an installs it and restarts. When i try to boot through IBoot it goes to apple screen and kp with the error:"Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present"

I don't have the video card in I've been using the hd 4000 for install and I have been using the I boot CD I have not tryed the graphicsenabler no I thought that was for systems with a dedicated gpu. Also I have got it to updated before I don't remember how I did it so I have bought ml and made the thumb and got stupid and formated the thumb driver der der der lol. I will try that and let ya know what happens

is it possible to make a SL thumbdrive instead of using the DVD?

Shafty

Yes their are ways to make a SL thumb drive but you will need to SL dvd to make the thumb drive

DO a google on it - the TonyMacX86 site has not supported this method for reasons relating to Piracy as anyone could obtain non legal software but if you have the Retail DVD and want to make a Thumb drive then that's up to you.

You will need the Retail DVD to make it...

Ok so im in 10.6.3! Now that im in the OS any suggestions on how to go about this?

Usually i just go to software update and it has 10.6.8 and i click install updates and it downloads it an installs it and restarts. When i try to boot through IBoot it goes to apple screen and kp with the error:"Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present"

shafty

ok to review you have used the iBoot for ivy bridge cd and installed the OSX 10.6.3 retail DVD - at this point you will need to follow the modified installer ,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot
As you dont have a DSDT file you will need to use the EASYBEAST process and select your network and sound kexts you need.

Also on a thumb drive you will need to have the programs - Update Helper and Multibeast for SL
I also suggest you use the link in the orginal iBOOT & MultiBeast Install Mac OSX on a PC that has the specific instructions for this process. But as you know this was written way before what hardware we have now.

The link on this page has a link to the Apple Support website for the 10.6.8 Combo Update file that you need to download
We suggest you do not use the Apple Automatic Software updater as this process removes user control from you as in reboots when done.
The manual method will ask you to restart - as explained in the iBoot and Multibeast install link -
When you are done w the update this is where you need to run your Multibeast process which includes kexts and the options you need to install. Along with System Utilities.

DOnt forget that the UPdate Helper is install before you do the 10.6.8 update.
As per modded install doc.

but you must remember that these guides were written before your hardware and now guides are written since, to reflect the changes that must be done inorder to do this. You hardware is typical of the newer hardware which is not supported in native OSX 10.6.8 and this is why we need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD and boot from it for every time we need to boot up as we are unable to install a boot loader to the HD due to the changes in the hardware and not modified in the Mach_Kernal which is the heart of the OSX operating system.

Links to read - iBoot and Multibeast - TonyMacx86 guide
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide - for 10.6.x
http://www.tonymacx86.com/43-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html
or
http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html

Update helper - use before 10.6.8 install
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/get-ready-for-os-x-lion-update-to-1068.html

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9541
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting

You will also need to use the command switches we spoke about -"-v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" at startup
suggest you use these at every restart until done w 10.6.8
-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No

Using the -v displays the logger to the screen
Using the -f stops the loading or cached kext files (old when we want new)
Using the GE=No causes the OSX operating system to not stress out the onboard Graphics prevents a KP and give us limited resolution or 1024x768x32

Believe me these help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back