I still didn't
CPU
read the
Graphics
Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook
Update for anyone searching google!:
If you want you can read the messages bellow to have a complete picture be my guest..
the bottom line is, I had to change the problematic DVD drive, after that had a slap from my Graphics card but solved it using -x PCIRootUID=1 (probably the -x was only needed but i added the other command too..hope didnt mess anything up)
right now installing mac os ....so i ll be back with the final verdict!

To anyone paying some attention to my thread: thanx for your time!!

Hello to you all,
the problem:
Cannot install Mac OS 10.6.3 Retail (original DVD)
the details:
Have followed the guide, even tryed with disabling all the unnecessary stuff (usb3/gsata/esata/lan/firewire)
a)I boot with the iboot dvd (not legacy) from sata sony drive on 0 and hdd on 1
Swap the drives and when i try to press f5 i get Ebios Sector 0 and the Snow leopard dvd doesnt appear
b)I boot with the iboot dvd (not legacy) from IDE Pioner Drive (ide enabled from bios) I get to press F5 and start the white screen with the spinning thing and the apple logo ..and then get the prohibition sign (and if i am correct when using -v command i get the message that says something about still waiting for root device or something like that)

ANY IDEAS? if you need screens i can provide ..just ask me what you want me to take pictures and I'll upload it.

Here are the complete system specs:
Intel i5-760
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD5
Nvidia Evga GTX 280
WD5000aakx (sata3 but i connect it on the sata2 intel chipset connector_1)
Kingston 8gb ddr3-1600 (2pcs-ONLY one connected durring installation)

-Ide Pioner DVR-109 Dvd drive
-Sata Sony AD-7173S Dvd drive

USB microsoft keyboard
USB microsoft mouse

The hardware works on windows ...I booted from another pc's hard drive win 7 and even got results from the windows benchmark

I own a macbook :beachball: so if anything has to be done from another mac I can do it
(if that helps)

Re: GA-P55A-UD5.i5-760.Evga-GTX280. Can not Install

You burned the disc through Disk Utility on your Mac? Did you burn it to a CD-R or DVD-R?

Code:
[quote]You burned the disc through Disk Utility on your Mac?  Did you burn it to a CD-R or DVD-R?[/quote]
Well I burned the first iboot disk using imgburn from a win7 pc on a verbatim CD-R on low speed
And today i burned a second Verbatim CD-R on low speed using Roxio from the macbook

you think there is a problem with the iboot cd? cause it boots just fine the problems begin when I swap it with the Snow Leopard dvd

also I tryed the IDE drive and before hitting enter on the Snow Leopard Dvd i typped 
-x -v PCIrootUID=1  (or something like that I saw it on another topic)
but it still gave me messages saying still waiting for root  (and some lines over it saying waiting for device with uid (lots of numbers) (or again something like that) 

PS. sorry for the "something like that" comment

gmsmurf said:
Vendetta said:
You burned the disc through Disk Utility on your Mac? Did you burn it to a CD-R or DVD-R?
Well I burned the first iboot disk using imgburn from a win7 pc on a verbatim CD-R on low speed
And today i burned a second Verbatim CD-R on low speed using Roxio from the macbook

you think there is a problem with the iboot cd? cause it boots just fine the problems begin when I swap it with the Snow Leopard dvd

also I tryed the IDE drive and before hitting enter on the Snow Leopard Dvd i typped
-x -v PCIrootUID=1 (or something like that I saw it on another topic)
but it still gave me messages saying still waiting for root (and some lines over it saying waiting for device with uid (lots of numbers) (or again something like that)

PS. sorry for the "something like that" comment

I don't think the IDE drive is going to help you out.

You've made sure to quadruple check all of your BIOS settings? No peripherals connected? Using the proper SATA ports and RAM slots?

Code:
here are some photos: 
when i connect the sata dvd drive i set it to sata0 and hdd to sata1 and disable the ide controller

when i connect the ide dvd drive i set it to jumper settings master and hdd to sata0 and enable the ide controller

thanx for your time so far!!!

[color=#BF0000]EDIT:[/color] the hdd on the ground is from another pc loaded with win7
[color=#BF0000]EDIT2[/color]: the hdd i m trying to install mac os is completly empty ...as i got from the store havent done anything to it ....should i partion or format it on another pc? and into what format if yes?

Enable your eSata controller and set it to AHCI, that helped me on a slightly different mobo!

jdettmer said:
Enable your eSata controller and set it to AHCI, that helped me on a slightly different mobo!
Done and Done

and the results:

img1: attempt with IDE drive and -v command
img2-3: attempt with sata Drive .....what i get after inserting SL dvd and hitting F5

Code:
could it be a problem of the sony ad7173 sata dvd drive?
i updated it to the latest firmware but still nothing i get 
EBIOS read error: Error 0x01
Block 0x0 Sectors 0

as soon as i instert the SL disk and press F5 (after iboot boot)

i plugged the dvd drive on a pc win 7 and opened imgburn inserted an empty DVD+R DL and it didn't recognized it .............

i dont get it ...on the sony site it says it supports DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL

should i go buy another sata drive? 

if the sata is broken why the installation doesnt work with the IDE drive wich does read the DVD's ( it works for sure i use it to burn xbox DVD+R DL all the time)
and it gives me that strange error about: Waiting for boot volume with UUID 1Ca47655-13E3-3063-A02-7B9CEC98BFEC  ?????

Code:
[b][color=#BF0000][size=150]UPDATE 2[/size][/color]:[/b]

just runned the command -x PCIRootUID=1 and i am installing mac os .... i ll update when done!

[b][color=#BF0000][size=150]UPDATE[/size][/color]:[/b]

i changed the DVD drive with the one recomended from the wiki Sony AD-7260S 
and it worked ..i didnt get any prohibition signs 

BUT ...after the apple logo and the spining thing the screen goes black

i have the GTX 280 and it only has 2xDVI's no VGA slots......and i also dont have any other card to test ...(only an old 7600 with DVI too DUHHHH  :banghead: )

any way can solve this? any ideas?

gmsmurf said:
UPDATE 2:

just runned the command -x PCIRootUID=1 and i am installing mac os .... i ll update when done!

UPDATE:

i changed the DVD drive with the one recomended from the wiki Sony AD-7260S
and it worked ..i didnt get any prohibition signs

BUT ...after the apple logo and the spining thing the screen goes black

i have the GTX 280 and it only has 2xDVI's no VGA slots......and i also dont have any other card to test ...(only an old 7600 with DVI too DUHHHH :banghead: )

any way can solve this? any ideas?

Are you going into a DVI monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back