Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i3 3225
Graphics
HD4000
Ok so I probably should have asked for help but I am an idiot and stubborn, didn't want to bother you guys and tried to find a solution here before asking the same thing again. Now I made things worse. I don't know where this goes as it is Sierra install problems that became El Capitan booting issues

So a little history of how I got my system to reboot as soon as the apple logo appears.

I was updating from El Capitan to Sierra. Updated Clover and then when I installed Sierra, it froze about 30 seconds in, about 20 or so pixels into the progress. It stayed there for several hours before I restarted and the install option was gone so I booted back into the El Capitan install. But I got the same problem. Of course I did a verbose mode and it said something about the CPU and then incompatible or incomplete power management, but since I thought I found a solution here I didn't take a picture. So there is that. Maybe some weird thing to note is that the stoppage happened in a different spot if it was -v and -x were invoked.

So I tried playing with kext files and now I get this in verbose.

Photo May 21, 4 34 18 PM.jpg

Also, when I go into the BIOS settings I see a ton of selections to boot but I have an old, old 10.8.5 I am using now, the El Capitan, and the USB, so there shouldn't be this many. In fact, there are so many it can't show them all.

Photo May 21, 4 42 45 PM.jpg

The USB is first off the list not able to be shown.

I was trying for a long time to get it working stupidly by getting Sierra settings but then realized I am trying to get the old El Capitan to boot at the very least and I will try to install when I have the courage and can figure it out better. So I have really screwed things up and nothing I try seems to make things better, in fact, things seem worse. I am about to try a fresh install on an empty hard drive, but that makes me nervous as that will force me to lose this old one in the process possibly and then everything is done on my phone if I run into trouble.

My Clover now looks like this as well.

Photo May 22, 9 35 53 PM.jpg

With 2 clover options. :S

My current CLOVER folder from the EFI partition is attached

Not sure if that helps any one. Any ideas?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

I'd try booting the USB on another computer. See if it's allright.

Then I would make a bootable live linux drive and wipe the disk. Start new.

If there is something you *must* have on there.. sorry, no suggestions. :/

Best of luck.

But first things first, have you tried erasing all those boot options in Shell64 in clover?

Bcfg boot dump
Then
Bcfg boot rm XX
Example: bcfg boot rm 02 to delete value 02.

You might also browse your disks and copy necessary data to a usb to rescue it.. use commands
Map
Cd
Ls
Example: fs:0\
To mount fs0 disk

And so on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back