Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Experts in Forum
I am trying to update from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 using App Store update. it downloads and asks for restart. after pressing restart it comes back to 10.13.1 after reboot.
Also I have noticed that my boot loader has default boot to install Mac from HDD. please can someone help in having the update done to 10.13.2 + changing the default boot partition to Mac OS and not of install Mac OS.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 241
@Robu, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I think the details were already there - for easy access here it is --> GA-Z170X-UD5TH, Intel Core I7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 1050Ti SSC, NoFan CR-95C Copper, Samsung 250GB 960 NVMe M.2, Seagate 4T NAS, 8GBX4 Ballistix Elite Series DDR4 21300, , sony PS monitor

I think the details were already there - for easy access here it is --> GA-Z170X-UD5TH, Intel Core I7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 1050Ti SSC, NoFan CR-95C Copper, Samsung 250GB 960 NVMe M.2, Seagate 4T NAS, 8GBX4 Ballistix Elite Series DDR4 21300, , sony PS monitor
in your original post you said at #1
I am trying to update from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 using App Store update. it downloads and asks for restart. after pressing restart it comes back to 10.13.1 after reboot.
Also I have noticed that my boot loader has default boot to install Mac from HDD. please can someone help in having the update done to 10.13.2 + changing the default boot partition to Mac OS and not of install Mac OS.

If you had uploaded the boot screen image of Clover Boot Manager screen of what you are trying to describe as:
Also I have noticed that my boot loader has default boot to install Mac from HDD.
, you would have got a faster response.

• I guess your upgrade to 10.13.2 failed.
  • Your attempted upgrade has also left an icon of "MacOS installer" in the Clover Boot Manager screen (First or left most).
  • If you click the macOS Installer icon, it does not continue the installation and complete the installation it may go into a reboot loop.
  • If you click the macOS system disk icon , it boots to the desktop, but when you open "Apple>About This Mac>Overview" , you still see macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.
  • If you go to AppStore and look for updates, it will show you have a new update, the very same macOS High Sierra 10.13.2!
  • If you click to upgrade , you end up in the same situation.
Now how can you upgrade successfully from this current problem?
You need to get rid off that annoying icon from the Boot Manager Screen using the steps in this post #9
Then Update Lilu kext and AppleALC.kext with the latest and then try the upload as described in the above link to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back