Motherboard
HP ProBook 4740s (Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Аfter update to 10.11.4 camera operates only during cold startup, but after leaving the sleeping camera is not always determined, need to go to sleep again, and after the re-release of sleep is already working well, or restart. I have Patch DSDT for 10.11 + FakePCIID_XHCIMux + FakePCIID.kext + USBInjectAll.kex. How to fix it?​

Attached ioreg:
1. with broken camera after leaving the sleeping.
2. the working camera after leaving the sleeping again.

I noticed a difference in the parameters:

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]@1a130000
1Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000b0a
2Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000c46

1Ioreg sessionID - 0xa766be75be6
2Ioreg sessionID - 0xb17cff6578c
__________________________________________________ ____
HP HD Webcam [Fixed]@0
1Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000b32
2Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000c54

1Ioreg IOServiceLegacyMatchingRegistryID - 0x100000b32
2Ioreg IOServiceLegacyMatchingRegistryID - 0x100000c54
__________________________________________________ ____
HP HD Webcam [Fixed]@1
1Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000b33
2Ioreg AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID - 0x100000c55

1Ioreg IOServiceLegacyMatchingRegistryID - 0x100000b33
2Ioreg IOServiceLegacyMatchingRegistryID - 0x100000c55

Attachments

• 1.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
  • 2.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
  • DSDT.aml
    47.2 KB · Views: 100
Аfter update to 10.11.4 camera operates only during cold startup, but after leaving the sleeping camera is not always determined, need to go to sleep again, and after the re-release of sleep is already working well, or restart. I have Patch DSDT for 10.11 + FakePCIID_XHCIMux + FakePCIID.kext + USBInjectAll.kex. How to fix it?​

Attached ioreg:
1. with broken camera after leaving the sleeping.
2. the working camera after leaving the sleeping again.

I noticed a difference in the parameters:

In both 1.ioreg and 2.ioreg the camera is detected. I don't see an issue...

In both 1.ioreg and 2.ioreg the camera is detected. I don't see an issue...

it is, however, in the system information saying that the image capture device is not found, and the startup time FaceTime or Skype saying that the camera is not. and there is a camera only after the re-release of the sleep or reboot.

seemingly I solved the problem by adding flag -uia_exclude_hhs flag, as stated in the Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99). I checked several times - works.

New ioreg attached.

Thank you very much for your help, RehabMan!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• 1.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
seemingly I solved the problem by adding flag -uia_exclude_hhs flag, as stated in the Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99). I checked several times - works.

Assume you mean the "-uia_exclude_hs" kernel flag.

Yes: generally -uia_exclude_hs should be used when you use FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll together...

Assume you mean the "-uia_exclude_hs" kernel flag.

Yes: generally -uia_exclude_hs should be used when you use FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll together...

oh, I'm sorry. I mean -uia_exclude_xhc. As stated in Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99): "Install USBInjectAll.kext and use kernel flag -uia_exclude_xhc. This will enable the USBInjectAll port injectors for EH0x and the associated hubs, overriding the built-in hub port injectors, but keep DSDT control of XHC."

oh, I'm sorry. I mean -uia_exclude_xhc. As stated in Specific Recommendations (7-series, 8-series, 9-series, X99): "Install USBInjectAll.kext and use kernel flag -uia_exclude_xhc. This will enable the USBInjectAll port injectors for EH0x and the associated hubs, overriding the built-in hub port injectors, but keep DSDT control of XHC."

It is a good option if your DSDT _UPC values are correct for each of your ports.

Otherwise, USBInjectAll with custom configuration to correct it...

On both my Lenovo u430 and my ProBook 4540s, the _UPC values were completely wrong. I could have fixed DSDT _UPC to correct it, but doing that with Clover hotpatch is tricky, so I use a custom port configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

It is a good option if your DSDT _UPC values are correct for each of your ports.

Otherwise, USBInjectAll with custom configuration to correct it...

On both my Lenovo u430 and my ProBook 4540s, the _UPC values were completely wrong. I could have fixed DSDT _UPC to correct it, but doing that with Clover hotpatch is tricky, so I use a custom port configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

How do I know if my DSDT UPC right and whether I need use a custom port configuration for USBInjectAll.kext. ??

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    47.2 KB · Views: 99
How do I know if my DSDT UPC right and whether I need use a custom port configuration for USBInjectAll.kext. ??

It is a simple matter of checking ioreg and seeing if the data there corresponds to reality.

Does your laptop have 4 USB 3 ports? Because in ioreg, you have SSP1-SSP4... The more common problem is the opposite. When ports that are used are marked as "not connected" in _UPC. This causes OS X to disable the ports, which makes them not work... (that was the case with my u430 and 4540s).

USBInjectAll is correcting any problems with the internal hubs at EH01.PR11 and EH02.PR21 (marking them as internal with UsbConnector=255). But it is also injecting a bunch of ports there that aren't used, PR12-PR18, PR22-PR26. And then there is the ports each hub, some of which are used, some not.. For example, your ioreg shows only HP16, HP22, HP23 actually in use. All other HPxx are not used, or you haven't tested them (some of those may be used by external USB2 ports).

It is a simple matter of checking ioreg and seeing if the data there corresponds to reality.

Does your laptop have 4 USB 3 ports? Because in ioreg, you have SSP1-SSP4... The more common problem is the opposite. When ports that are used are marked as "not connected" in _UPC. This causes OS X to disable the ports, which makes them not work... (that was the case with my u430 and 4540s).

USBInjectAll is correcting any problems with the internal hubs at EH01.PR11 and EH02.PR21 (marking them as internal with UsbConnector=255). But it is also injecting a bunch of ports there that aren't used, PR12-PR18, PR22-PR26. And then there is the ports each hub, some of which are used, some not.. For example, your ioreg shows only HP16, HP22, HP23 actually in use. All other HPxx are not used, or you haven't tested them (some of those may be used by external USB2 ports).

thanks for the help, I check tomorrow and I will write on the results

Oh, in general I was happy too early - it does not work the same camera.

The bottom line is this: if the laptop goes to sleep for a short time after leaving the sleep camera works without problems, at cold start or restart the camera also works.

BUT if the laptop goes to sleep for a long time (let's say for the night), the camera does not work after exiting the sleep - in applications that use the camera, it is said that the image capture device is not found. The same information in the system settings tab Camera - Video capture device not found, however USB tab Camera as a device, is present in all cases - when it works and when not to. In ioreg she too is always there. Need to go to sleep again, and after the re-release of sleep is already working well, or restart.

I looked through my ioreg. Here USB ports that are used by the system (if I correctly identified):
HP12 (physically connected to USB3 below left)
HP13 (physically connected to USB3 top left)
HP14 (USB2 top right)
HP22 (USB2 bottom right)
HP23 camera
HP16 bluetooth

I only have two USB 3 ports - left

In ioreg themselves USB ports HP12, 13, 14, 22 - visible red (cut off the stick on the hot)

How can I bring all of this to mind, so it should be corrected as to fix the camera:crazy::crazy::crazy:????

Attachments

• 1.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back