3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I made the switch from Chameleon to Clover... mostly painless.. Its a bios based board.

Issues that persist.
1. No USB3 I had to shut off USB 3 in Bios in order to get the mac to boot.
2. Other issues was in Clover Config I had to unclick Inject Nvidia and under Boot click nada_drv=1 to get my 960 to work. If both inject and nada were clicked the machine would not boot.

No USB3 is a pita hopefully there will be a simple fix soon. I saw the complex fix but don't wish that on my worst enemy lol
:)

No USB3 is a pita hopefully there will be a simple fix soon. I saw the complex fix but don't wish that on my worst enemy lol
:)

don't dream. if there were it would be available by now. whatever you see now is as simple as you can get.

in Clover Config I had to unclick Inject Nvidia and under Boot click nada_drv=1 to get my 960 to work

Inject Nvidia is for older cards, but the 960 is quite recent, so I would not expect you to want to use inject nvidia with it. nvda_drv=1 I believe tells the Nvidia driver to load no matter whether it recognizes the Nvidia card or not, which can be useful (as in your case).

No USB3 is a pita hopefully there will be a simple fix soon.

The only simple USB3 fix is FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, which may or may not actually solve the problem for you. But if you will only consider simple fixes, you should try installing those two kexts and see if it helps. If not, then USB2 is for you. :)

Thanks! Ill try the kexts, hopefully they do the trick. Does Clover cover USB3 on new boards? Or perhaps since Apple changed USB3 implementation it will take a while to get it working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back