Unwanted Double Click in Applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I got my Sierra Hackintosh up and running. I'm very new to macOS and don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I've noticed the following:
  • When I click an E-Mail in the Mail app, it immediately opens a reply window
  • When I choose a tab in the reminder app, it immediately creates a new one
  • When I choose an entry in 1Password, it immediately opens the according page and logs me in
These are all events I'd expect to happen when I double-click on them - but I can't even use these apps without opening something else, so it must be unintended. I've checked my mouse and also according to http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html it performs a single click when I do a single click. I've also tried setting the double click threshold to max without success - running out of ideas here. What could I do to prevent this from happening?

Edit: I've put some more research into it - it's a common issue with Razer mice (I have a Deathadder), rather the according Synapse 2.0 driver for macOS. It has been a known bug for over 2 years now but they don't seem to care - the obvious solution was to uninstall the driver and adjust the profiles in Windows.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my MacAlly opti-jr mouse. I've tried the double click slider on both ends of the spectrum, still everything is interpreted as a double click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back