Contribute
Register

Unsure of which 4530s model to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the quick reply.
4530s ivy bridge models are also available. i think it will work fine, right ?
Anyway I am going to buy sandy bridge itself.

4x30s Ivy Bridge models? Hm, interesting. In theory, they should work, but nobody knows how well. Better get yourself a model with Sandy Bridge CPU.

Is there any difference in installing process between 4430s and 4530s ? (Im planning to buy a 4430s because, its lighter and price is lower than 4530s)

No, the install procedure is one and the same for 4330s, 4430s and 4530s.

Is there any RAM requirements ? I am getting a 2gb ram. Should I upgrade it to 4gb ?

Better use 4 GB, it will be more confortable for you (and the programs you have installed).

4x30s Ivy Bridge models? Hm, interesting. In theory, they should work, but nobody knows how well. Better get yourself a model with Sandy Bridge CPU.

Actually it is not possible here to get a new hp probook 4x30 sandybridge model. So i am forced to get a 3rd generation i5 one. (this one is ivy bridge, right?) Should i go for it ? I am expecting a better performance for 3rd generation one, comparing with 2nd generation processors. Please give me a suggession.

Actually it is not possible here to get a new hp probook 4x30 sandybridge model. So i am forced to get a 3rd generation i5 one. (this one is ivy bridge, right?) Should i go for it ? I am expecting a better performance for 3rd generation one, comparing with 2nd generation processors. Please give me a suggession.

It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Because I've never heard of a 4x30s with Ivy (3rd gen) CPU. We've seen Ivy on 4x40s, but not 4x30s. Have you actually seen this laptop, up close, and in person to verify for yourself that it 1) is, in fact, a 4x30s, and 2) that it really has an Ivy CPU? Or are you just reading specs in sales/marketing literature?

It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Because I've never heard of a 4x30s with Ivy (3rd gen) CPU. We've seen Ivy on 4x40s, but not 4x30s. Have you actually seen this laptop, up close, and in person to verify for yourself that it 1) is, in fact, a 4x30s, and 2) that it really has an Ivy CPU? Or are you just reading specs in sales/marketing literature?

I called hp customer care right now, and they said me that 4430s is a fully customizable model, and it comes with 3rd generation processor also. I haven't seen the product, but i got the specs from the retailer. What will happen if i go with the ivy bridge one ?

I called hp customer care right now, and they said me that 4430s is a fully customizable model, and it comes with 3rd generation processor also. I haven't seen the product, but i got the specs from the retailer. What will happen if i go with the ivy bridge one ?

Well, let's just say that you get it and it turns out to be what you believe: a 4430s w/ Ivy. At that point, it will depend on what specific hardware (motherboard chipset, BIOS version, etc) because we've never seen an Ivy 4x30s here. You will have to figure out what the hardware is, and how much there is in common with a Sandy 4430s, make adjustments for HD4000, Ivy power management (Ivy SSDT is still a work in progress), DSDT, and any other differences...

But, I have a feeling you're going to end up receiving a 4440s... Large computer companies are notorious for having employees in customer service that are clueless -- I don't think HP is an exception.

Well, let's just say that you get it and it turns out to be what you believe: a 4430s w/ Ivy. At that point, it will depend on what specific hardware (motherboard chipset, BIOS version, etc) because we've never seen an Ivy 4x30s here. You will have to figure out what the hardware is, and how much there is in common with a Sandy 4430s, make adjustments for HD4000, Ivy power management (Ivy SSDT is still a work in progress), DSDT, and any other differences...

But, I have a feeling you're going to end up receiving a 4440s... Large computer companies are notorious for having employees in customer service that are clueless -- I don't think HP is an exception.

Thanks for your suggestions. You must be right because i could not find an ivy bridge 4X30 in website. So at last i bought a sandy bridge 4430s. I am looking forward to hackintoshing, and had some troubles. I am posting the issues in the installing guide page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back