Contribute
Register

"UNSUPPORTED CARD" MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you arikstress! That almost makes sense to me, if I spend some time rereading it I should be able to figure it out. Seriously, thank you!

Perhaps not... http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... saio/ati.c already has my card listed with knull as a frame buffer. Now I'm really confused.

boredoftheworld said:
Thank you arikstress! That almost makes sense to me, if I spend some time rereading it I should be able to figure it out. Seriously, thank you!

Perhaps not... http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... saio/ati.c already has my card listed with knull as a frame buffer. Now I'm really confused.
U must also check subsystem id other than device id. So if u r sure ur dev id and subsys id is listed, then you can always try to modify that knull value. Otherwise, you can add it your own ids into ati.c
Anyway, even knull value inside that ati.c , you can always try run with AtiConfig=blabla depends what best for your card

Easy way to test is using ATY_Init.kext , when i was using that kext, i can see that my card working using "Motmot" also "Gliff" config. Then u can try modify that "knull" thing. Other than that , i don't know anything since i'm not programmer :lol:

After compiling, you can go to chimera source folder, go to /sym/i386 and you will see compiled files after u made changes

arikstress said:
Anyway, even knull value inside that ati.c , you can always try run with AtiConfig=blabla depends what best for your card

So even with null in the ati.c I should still be able to force a frame buffer at boot? I've tried them all and none ever show, every time is "ATY,ATY" instead of "ATY, chickenpoop" when I check in terminal.

What should I do with ATY_Init.kext? I ran kextbeast on it but nothing seems to be happening when I'm booting or should I be checking something in the terminal.

I really am in way over my head here so I should probably just wait for chimera to be updated but I'm impatient. :)

Hi Ariktress.

I've tried your "bdmesg | grep Unsupported ATI card"

but i cannot do the "|" symbol. Don't know how to do it.

I tried without but it says "unknown command."

Please help me.

Thanks

elracador said:
Hi Ariktress.

I've tried your "bdmesg | grep Unsupported ATI card"

but i cannot do the "|" symbol. Don't know how to do it.

I tried without but it says "unknown command."

Please help me.

Thanks

It's not I , or L , it lays on backslash button, use shift and pinch button. Or copy paste commmand above

Hi Everybody,

there's now a solution to avoid the " Unsupported Card" Message and an easy one.

Just download the Chimera 1.7.0 version and install it.

That's it!! cause the new version of Chimera Recognise the ATI 5450.
Or even better if you want to buy this card take the "Bulk" version and you will no longer
have the DVD player and geekbench crash issue.The Bulk version will be seen as a 5430M card.

Have a nice day.

Thanks you all for the answers you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back