Contribute
Register

Unsuccessful at trying to enable iServices/Wifi/Bluetooth with BCM94360CD

So. After some more attempts i discovered i missed the whole line "Enabled - Boolean - True" in my config list. I compared it to @miliuco 's config list in his post.
I reboot.
Get to see "Reset NVRAM" as a first and only time in OC boot menu along with recovery and and one more option.
I must have been to slow to choose reset NVRAM so assuming it automatically chose boot startup disk.
I get another kernel panic so I reboot to see if i get the reset NVRAM option again. Nope, only 1 option this time which is boot startup disk. No idea what has changed in between, I can't see that it changes the config list in between. Dont remember if this is when i suddenly got pass the KP or if i had to first reboot with the backup USB, set Secure Boot Model to Disabled, then reboot and there I was passed the KP.

But no wifi still...

I then go to check the hardware and the connections. By moving and pushing a bit i get a couple of accidental reboots but then HEY, finally the wifi shows up after the second accidental reboot.

So wifi is working, but no bluetooth yet from what i can see.

Adding latest startup log and latest config file.

If anyone get anything out of this there you go.
And if anyone see what i might be missing on the bluetooth step.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 10.52.14.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 10.52.14.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 10
  • opencore-2023-11-30-104045.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • Config.plist
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
WiFi working while Bluetooth is not working usually means the USB port the Bluetooth is connected to isn’t active in your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext.

WiFi working while Bluetooth is not working usually means the USB port the Bluetooth is connected to isn’t active in your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext.
I see I see.
I haven’t yet started the task of mapping the USB ports, but i see the link in this thread. It makes sense if its a USB mapping issue since it looks like the wifi card uses a PCIe connection while the Bluetooth piece connects through a different internal port even though it is attatched to the wifi card.

@Yngvar
Config.plist looks ok (attached pic doesn't, it has IOSkyWalkFamily block Enabled=False).
This config.plist can't boot Ventura or older, only Sonoma.
Check the USB map but tell me if this bluetooth was working fine in a previous macOS version.

@Yngvar
Config.plist looks ok (attached pic doesn't, it has IOSkyWalkFamily block Enabled=False).
This config.plist can't boot Ventura or older, only Sonoma.
Check the USB map but tell me if this bluetooth was working fine in a previous macOS version.
I had it working in Monterey. Was using Clover then.

Edit: yes i changed Enabled to True

I had it working in Monterey. Was using Clover then.
Ah! We still can't use Clover for this task, macOS doesn't boot properly when blocking IOSkyWalk.

Back