Contribute
Register

Unsuccessful at trying to enable iServices/Wifi/Bluetooth with BCM94360CD

So far I have NOT been able to semi disable SIP as mentioned in the previous post.
I been trying to adding the option "Reset NVRAM" to the Open Core boot options but only have 1 option still.

- I added ToggleSIPentry.efi in drivers and ran a snapshot
- I also changed LoadEarly - ResetNvramEntry to "True"

So far i get kernel panics.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 13.01.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 13.01.35.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 13
You don' want or need to change 'Load Early' to True for the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver. It should be set as False.

You need to change your config as follows:
NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config from <00000000> to <03080000>
Add a new entry to the NVRAM > Delete > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section for csr-active-config

These two changes are shown below.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 16.47.33.png Current settings

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 16.47.00.png revised settings

You don't have the kexts required for your Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma, even with the OCLP Root Patches.

These essential kexts should be in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder with an accompanying entry in your config.plist. As you don't have the kext entries in your config, I am assuming you don't have the kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder either.

The following kexts should be injected for your Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma:
Also set MinKernel to 23.0.0 for these three kexts to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

They also need to be set in the order shown above in your config.plist.

I would recommend setting Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext as first and second kexts in your config Kernel > Add section, with these three WiFi related kexts following VirtualSMC.kext, so it is easy to see if something isn't correct.

You don' want or need to change 'Load Early' to True for the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver. It should be set as False.

NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config from <00000000> to <03080000>
Add a new entry to the NVRAM > Delete > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section for csr-active-config

View attachment 573695 Current settings

View attachment 573696 revised settings

You don't have the kexts required for your Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma, even with the OCLP Root Patches.

These essential kexts should be in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder with an accompanying entry in your config.plist. As you don't have the kext entries in your config, I am assuming you don't have the kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder either.

The following kexts should be injected for your Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma:
Also set MinKernel to 23.0.0 for these three kexts to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

I would recommend setting Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext as first and second kexts in your config Kernel > Add section, with these three WiFi related kexts following VirtualSMC.kext, so it is easy to see if something isn't correct.
Thank you for the insights and the detailed feedback. I do have those kexts but i also had 7 others that are not in the healthy condig list but got added when i did a snapshit of the new OC folder. I have now moved them to an unused folder and will start over again step by step tomorrow with your setup.

View attachment 573695 Current settings

View attachment 573696 revised settings

Followed the steps but get kernel panic. It doesnt seem to like IOSkywalk

Attachments

• IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
That error message means you aren't Disabling the IOSkywalk kext that is part of the Prelinked Kernel.

So you need to look at the Delete entry you added to your config.plist to ensure it is correct.

That error message means you aren't Disabling the IOSkywalk kext that is part of the Prelinked Kernel.

So you need to look at the Delete entry you added to your config.plist to ensure it is correct.
So its supposed to be part of Add and at the same time Delete? At this point I am not sure what the Delete section is supposed to look like to be «correct» for my setup.

So its supposed to be part of Add and at the same time Delete? At this point I am not sure what the Delete section is supposed to look like to be «correct» for my setup.
some instructions here that work:

Yes, that is correct it needs to be included in the Add and Delete sections.

Add - adds the older version of the kext from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, which enables the previously supported WiFi card.

Delete - prevents the current version in Sonoma from being enabled, without this entry the WiFi card won't work. As the current version doesn't support the older Broadcom cards.

Logical if you think about it.

Yes, that is correct it needs to be included in the Add and Delete sections.

Add - adds the older version of the kext from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, which enables the previously supported WiFi card.

Delete - prevents the current version in Sonoma from being enabled, without this entry the WiFi card won't work. As the current version doesn't support the older Broadcom cards.

Logical if you think about it.
So which kexts to include in Delete section compared to those in Add?
IOSkywalk or any sub kexts if is has?

I will look into the link @Feartech although I dont have Fenvi

This fix works for any Broadcom WiFi card that uses the older BCM4360xxx chipset, so not having a Fenvi card is immaterial.

You need to include the IOSkywalk kext in the Delete section of your config, so the one in the Preboot/kernel cache is disabled and the older one in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder is used in its place.

Back