Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone

First, I'd like to apologise in advance for my limited experience and knowledge in these matters. I have been scouring this forum for a solution to my problem. But I have not found one yet.

Ok, so this is my build:

Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 Ghz Ivy
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid-State SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD
Crucial 16GB kit (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
EZ-cool K-660B ATX
(no GPU)

And I followed this guide exactly to install mountain lion (10.8.4).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...77x-ud5h-i7-3770-ivy-bridge-gtx-670-a-20.html

Where corresponding adjustments have been made in the BIOS (version F14) and the same configuration used in Multibeast as in the guide. (as seen below)

jo1.jpg

So, this is where I stand now. I can only boot using the -x argument. But when I try booting without it, this message appears:

error1.jpg

It has been pointed out somewhere on this forum, that the issue might be that a sandy bridge power management is used for an Ivy bridge core. How would I identify that, and furthermore, how would I fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, olipalli

stork has done a good build but using xmp ram will lead to sleep issues get non xmp ram if possible such as samsung 30nm 1.35v 2x4gb or you will need edited dsdt also will need ssdt.aml for p states and over clocking make sure u disabled vt-d once u edit your org.chameleon add GraphicsEnabler=YES and dart=0 for hyper threading and drop ssdt also u need to use MacMini6,2 smbios for ivy pm maybe stork will update his guide to include these.since u r using hd4000 use dvi/hdmi only vga isnt supported sorry for the long post also boot with GraphicsEnabler=YES for hd4000

Thank you for your reply, I'll try these things and report back my findings.

If your CPU has VT-d (like the i7-3770 non K does) you need to boot with dart=0. Also why did you install those nVidia option in multibeast?

6xx cards have native support as of 10.8.3 so don't install those it will just cause issues. Is that an old multibeast as some options i don't recognize.

Hi Pjalm, thank you so much for your reply. I'll try this out and report back.

However, I failed to mention in my post that I did not install the nVidia drivers. I was a bit to quick to act when I copied the image from the guide to my post. Sorry about that :)

Hi again

I am pleased to report that I am posting this from a working Hackinosh. Thank you so much for your help.

I have one last question for you guys. So, I booted up Mac-Os by going through the Chimera screen. There I entered the arguments dart=0 and GraphicsEnabler=YES. What should I do to in order stop booting like this and just boot normally? That is, can this process be automated for each boot up?

Many thanks in advance.

i have edited the org.chameleonpllist for u can copy and paste over the old one in the extra folder do a restart after this with no flags and should boot normal now have fun with the new hack

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    851 bytes · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back