Graphics
Intel HD 4000 (onboard)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

I have been racking my head on this all day and finally gave in to see if anyone could help.

I have a Gigabyte GA-q77m-d2h with a 3570k Ivy Bridge and I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.1. Once I run anything with Chimera I get:

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

But If I don't run Chimera, I can reboot all day without a problem. Granted I still need a bootloader and have to install
other kexts to get the rest of the onboard hardware working.

Unibeast and USB install of Mountain Lion downloaded from the app store are fine. I get everything installed, able to reboot the OS with no problem. UEFI must be working as it registers: Processor: 3.39Ghz Intel Core i5, Memory 8GB 1333 Mhz RAM,

Are there specific kexts that I need to run/ NOT to run. I tried a bunch of different options with many times not even able to boot up in safe mode. (-x).

Has anyone worked with this board yet with the Ivy Bridge? Is there something simple I'm missing in the bios?

getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a this is the model of i5 3570k cpu had same issue cleared cmos and fixed issue left battery out for 30 mins

thanks for the info! I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back