Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
what OSX version are you running? Saw your previous post showing 10.10.1

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or smfelton, but I'm running a very very stable 10.9.5. I'm not ready to adopt PT11 yet, so Yosemite wasn't an option for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Heya,

Read through the posts in this thread and thought I'd I'd ask for updates. I have the Apollo Quad and PCIe UAD2 solo card working great in my system. GA-Z77up5-TH Mobo and 32 GB ram. Solid as can be! I use the Apple FW to Thunderbolt adapter to connect my Quad Firewire system to the Thunderbolt...works mint.
I am thinking of grabbing the Thunderbolt Board for my Apollo which will update me to the new UAD Console 2 application.
I wanted to know if anyone has experience with using Apollo via Thunderbolt and a PCIe UAD2 card (older version not able to support the new 32 devices on the PCIe buss VIA Thunderbolt).

Any input would be appreciated.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
I have an GA Z87x-ud5 TH and it is working with my Apollo Twin Solo. I also have some freezes and deleted there some Audio Kext and Set Memory Settings to Profile1. See what happens so. Have to wait.
But, my question is, can you use Apollo and your DAW also you have installed the Multibeast Audio Driver. It´s the Intel 898 which also install HDA.kext.
I have this one installed and it is working but my DAW (Logic X) don´t see the Apollo since I have installed it.
Any else. Otherwise I have to delete it, which I don´t want.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
CPU
Intel Skylake i7-6700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I own an Apollo Twin Solo that I use with my macbook retina and Mac Mini server.
So thunderbolt and Apollo are basically the only things keeping me from jumping into Hackintosh.

I think I'll need to build a Hack around it but I'm really intimidated.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 750
Hi I own an Apollo Twin Solo that I use with my macbook retina and Mac Mini server.
So thunderbolt and Apollo are basically the only things keeping me from jumping into Hackintosh.

I think I'll need to build a Hack around it but I'm really intimidated.

Thunderbolt and Apollo are running very good on a Hackintosh. I had the same doubt few weeks before but everything works fine. I have also a UAD-2-Satellite Quad Thunderbolt device which is running very well. Check my user build if you are interested.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
CPU
Intel Skylake i7-6700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks I will :)

Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm now running OS X 10.11 El Capitan, with Pro Tools 12.2.1. So far everything is running good, and the Apollo is running fine. I also use a pair of the virtual channels for system sounds as well, so I have control of the volume within Console.
Slate Plugins are running fine (the error they have is with Logic Pro AU validation) as are Waves, Softube P&M and obviously UAD.
Cheers

Motherboard
Gigabyte z87x-ud7-th
CPU
Intel core i7 4790k
Graphics
GeForce gt 740 sc
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi mate i am building a hack pro with the same mother board as yours as i have the apollo twin as well.
i am wondering where did you buy yours? as it is listed in amazon uk for £418 but in U.S it is list at $200.

did you find this?

also can you tell me if the updated apollo software runs well as i see in the vid you have the older software

thanks mate:)

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running the latest Update 8.4 which is working great!
About buying I can´t tell you anything. Have bought mine on resale.

All the Best Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.