CPU
i7 5820K 6-core 3.6Ghz
Graphics
GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! After working successfully for 10 months, my hackintosh no longer recognizes my Universal Audio Apollo audio interface through the Thunderbolt connection. I didn't update anything - it just stopped seeing the hardware :(

The guy who built my hack for me here in Toronto hasn't yet responded to my SOS messages.

I'll happily make a "donation" if there is someone out there who can help me.

I did all of the typical stuff - reset the UAudio hardware, tested cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the UAudio software/drivers, etc. The only clue seems to be that when reinstalling the UAudio software I received five "kext" errors. Screenshots attached.

Here's my config as best I know:
- Intel i7 5820K 6-Core CPU Turbo boosted to 3.6GHz
- H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte X99 Motherboard w/ Thunderbolt, usb 3.0 and Sata III 6Gb/s connections
- 240GB SSD running OSX Sierra
- second hard drive - 2TB Seagate
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
- GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Card w/ HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI
- Fractal Define Black Silent Case
- 650W High Quality Quiet Modular PSU

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.32 PM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 349
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.42 PM.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.18.54 PM.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.19.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.19.07 PM.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.19.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.19.19 PM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 283
Hello! After working successfully for 10 months, my hackintosh no longer recognizes my Universal Audio Apollo audio interface through the Thunderbolt connection. I didn't update anything - it just stopped seeing the hardware :(

The guy who built my hack for me here in Toronto hasn't yet responded to my SOS messages.

I'll happily make a "donation" if there is someone out there who can help me.

I did all of the typical stuff - reset the UAudio hardware, tested cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the UAudio software/drivers, etc. The only clue seems to be that when reinstalling the UAudio software I received five "kext" errors. Screenshots attached.

Here's my config as best I know:
- Intel i7 5820K 6-Core CPU Turbo boosted to 3.6GHz
- H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte X99 Motherboard w/ Thunderbolt, usb 3.0 and Sata III 6Gb/s connections
- 240GB SSD running OSX Sierra
- second hard drive - 2TB Seagate
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
- GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Card w/ HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI
- Fractal Define Black Silent Case
- 650W High Quality Quiet Modular PSU
delete those kexts and install them with kext beast or manually in terminal:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Feartech - I checked out Kext Beast - thanks for the suggestion. The problem is I wouldn't know where to get the kext files required, and am not very comfortable with my skills in this area.

Do you think that this kext file issue could have caused my Thunderbolt issue?

Do you know of someone who might be willing to walk me through the process via phone?

Graeme

Feartech - I checked out Kext Beast - thanks for the suggestion. The problem is I wouldn't know where to get the kext files required, and am not very comfortable with my skills in this area.

Do you think that this kext file issue could have caused my Thunderbolt issue?

Do you know of someone who might be willing to walk me through the process via phone?

Graeme
as per rules, no private communications

google the kexts you need, place them on desktop and run the software, it will install them properly for you

you best to delete the offending kexts first (make a note of the names so you know what to download)

once you have done this, you will realise it is a very easy task :)

Of course. Forgot about the private communications thing. I'll give it a try, and thanks for the help!!!

One more thing - does it make sense that these kexts would be causing my thunderbolt interface connectivity issue?

One more thing - does it make sense that these kexts would be causing my thunderbolt interface connectivity issue?
i don't use thunderbolt but it will certainly be a good place to start

hardware profile updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back