Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello all, I recently finished my second build with the help of many on the forum here. Everything works like a charm except 2 things, only one of which I would like to address today. My system is used heavy for downloading, and it works great. It sleeps and wakes when it should and only shuts off the monitor when things are running in the background. This is the iHack2 build with the ASRock MB, i9-9100 and iGPU HD630.

My system is powered by way of a UPS. And I am only referring to the plugged in power cord from the UPS to the PSU at this point. Things seem to change on my system when I plug in the USB data cable from the UPS to the computer. The computer sees and registers the correct information about the UPS in; About this Mac/System Report, System Preferences/Energy Saver, Hackintool/USB and IORegistryExplorer. Pictures attached.

However, as soon as I plug in the UPS data cable to the computer, the wake from sleep will no longer work properly. If the computer is fully asleep with monitor and fans shut down, then only the computer/fans will start-up again. Leaving me with a black screen (with no mouse pointer) as if no signal coming from the computer to the monitor.

Additionally, is the system has programs running in the background and only the monitor shuts off as set in the Energy Saver Preferences, then the computer will continue to run, but the monitor will be the same as just described above, only a black screen as still sleeping.

I have already tried deleting the files Mojave/Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement.***.plist, bit this did not help.

Before I start a lengthy trial and error path, I was hoping someone would have an idea of the direction I need to go or has already solved such an issue.

Thanks

Thaigyver

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.01.32.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.01.32.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.02.19.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.02.19.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.03.20.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.03.20.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.04.11.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.04.11.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
After a bit more trial and error, I have come to realize that the problem is when the data cable for the UPS is installed and I try to use a torrent client. If I am only using the UPS to protect my computer with proper shut down, sleep and wake work fine.

If I unplug the UPS data cable and use the torrent client, sleep and wake work fine. But, if I have the UPS data cable plugged in and use the torrent client, sleep and wake do not function properly.

Any ideas of where to start?

Thanks

Thaigyver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back