EVGA 650 Ti Boost
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I current have a setup of windows 7 on my 128gb ssd as a boot drive and a 1TB WD blue for storage.
I split the storage in my WD Blue and allocated half of it for OSX Mountain lion (this was a few years ago) and used the other half for windows storage (games and etc.)
But I haven't been using OSX very much and I need more space for games, is there a way to delete the OSX partition I made without wiping the hard drive completely?
Thank you

Hello,
I current have a setup of windows 7 on my 128gb ssd as a boot drive and a 1TB WD blue for storage.
I split the storage in my WD Blue and allocated half of it for OSX Mountain lion (this was a few years ago) and used the other half for windows storage (games and etc.)
But I haven't been using OSX very much and I need more space for games, is there a way to delete the OSX partition I made without wiping the hard drive completely?
Thank you

Yes, the easiest way is to download GParted Live (http://gparted.org/liveusb.php) and create a bootable USB stick. Boot from it and use its tools to delete the Mac OS X partition (without touching the Windows partition), then you should be able to resize the Windows partition without destroying the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back