Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My cpu temps are hovering around around 55C and this makes me uncomfortable. I also noticed this morning my CPU reaching 79C, this really makes me uncomfortable. I'd like to restore normal fan operation. How would I go about removing the fan patch?

My cpu temps are hovering around around 55C and this makes me uncomfortable. I also noticed this morning my CPU reaching 79C, this really makes me uncomfortable. I'd like to restore normal fan operation. How would I go about removing the fan patch?

Run ProBook Installer, pick new fan patch (readings only), Continue. Reboot.

Awesome, so I can do this to modify my DSDT? I was afraid this may install conflicting kexts.

Awesome, so I can do this to modify my DSDT? I was afraid this may install conflicting kexts.

There are no problems with kexts. It does not modify what kexts are present. It is DSDT change only.

excellent, thanks. Should I choose all the options again, or just choose the fan patch?

excellent, thanks. Should I choose all the options again, or just choose the fan patch?

I think my instructions in post #2 were pretty clear on that.

I think my instructions in post #2 were pretty clear on that.

ya, sometimes I get a little paranoid. sorry. one day I will fully learn to simply trust the wise words of Rehabman.

ya, sometimes I get a little paranoid. sorry. one day I will fully learn to simply trust the wise words of Rehabman.

One thing I should mention: Make sure you're using the latest ProBook Installer and not one you download a while ago... Because this functionality is only in the latest beta14.

One thing I should mention: Make sure you're using the latest ProBook Installer and not one you download a while ago... Because this functionality is only in the latest beta14.

phew, glad I read this, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back