Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi community

I have two working systems which where working perfect:

1. gigabyte h97n itx/4790k/16gb/ssd/hd4600/ OSX 10.10.5 Clover
2. gigabyte x99 ud4/5820k/32gb/ssd/amd 5850 1gb/ OSX 10.10.5 Chameleon

I have bought an Asus Strix Gtx 980 and a Gigabyte Gtx 960 OC, and installed them with their official Nvidia web drivers (also checked nvd_drv=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No) then they are recognized and apparently working great (every port works on each card)

the problem is that when i try to pass Unigine Valley benchmark it crashes on both systems no matter what I do, The Engine menu appears, then loads the benchmark and then appears a black screen with the framerate counter on the top right; just before anything else appears the application crashes and leaves no message.

It happens the same on both systems so I assume that I´m missing something

Also the score on Cinebench OSX OpenGL is very low, like 40-50 fps, much less than in windows...

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Anyone? I need help :)

thank you

Never had such an issue... Does this happen with any settings in Valley, or just when using specific features, e.g. Tesselation?
Are you using any "strange" SMBIOS on your machines?

It happens with any settings, basic, extreme, custom....

My SMBIOS are pretty "basic"

in the x99 its a 3,1 2008 Mac Pro, and iMac 14,2 on the H97n it

today i did a little work, my web drivers were 346.02.03f01 so i have updated my 10.10.5 build to try the 346.02.03f07 version, getting the same exact crash....

edit: FIXED, the problem was the audio, as i work with an external sound card the issue was due to the lack of a sound device, unigine valley crashes if no sound device is detected....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back