Contribute
Register

Unibeast/Yosemite installer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

Not too involved with the forums as my Hackintosh, while missing features has been remarkably stable.
Alas my unibeast boot loader just crapped out and I need to make a new one. My old yosemite installer has been copied too much and I get the "incomplete installer" error when running unibeast. So I go to re-download the yosemite installer and it's gone from the app store.
I have an old mavericks boot drive still in the machine so I'm d/ling Mavericks (still available??) and making a unibeast boot loader for mavericks and a separate one for el capitan.
Not sure if my aging setup will run el capitan. (any thoughts on that?)
I'd kind of just like to get back to yosemite. Any help?

Thanks

Mobo- GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU-3.3ghz Core i5
Graphics- AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024 MB

So I go to re-download the yosemite installer and it's gone from the app store

If you have previously "bought" Yosemite it will still be available in the App Store on your "Purchased" page.

I don't remember purchasing Mavericks but it's on the app store. (haven't they been free since mtn lion?)
I'd purchase yosemite right now (again or not) but there's no sign of it anywhere on the app store.

I don't remember purchasing Mavericks but it's on the app store. (haven't they been free since mtn lion?)
I'd purchase yosemite right now (again or not) but there's no sign of it anywhere on the app store.

They are free to entitled users - That's people who have bought a Mac or a previous operating system that qualifies for a free upgrade.

You Purchase items from the App Store and that term includes items that are free.

If you downloaded it from the App Store in the past then it will be available to you to re-download.
If you haven't downloaded it previously you can only get the latest version (El Capitan).

If you didn't download it from the App Store how did you get it ?

I have a mini here with a fresh install of mavericks and I want to buy yosemite (if I have to) to upgrade it so I can carry on with my Hackintosh. A MacMini with mavericks on it should qualify for an upgrade to yosemite shouldn't it? App store only allows me to d/l mavericks or ElCapitan, no yosemite anywhere. Are they forcing me to skip yosemite & upgrade to el capitan?
My previous yosemite bootloader may have been built on one of the 300 or so macs in my care at work. Not trying to avoid paying AT ALL just using the machines I have handy.

A MacMini with mavericks on it should qualify for an upgrade to yosemite shouldn't it?
No, you can only download OS versions that you have previously downloaded or the current version.

App store only allows me to d/l mavericks or ElCapitan, no yosemite anywhere. Are they forcing me to skip yosemite & upgrade to el capitan?
Yes.

My previous yosemite bootloader may have been built on one of the 300 or so macs in my care at work. Not trying to avoid paying AT ALL just using the machines I have handy.

Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
I'm trying to have a discussion on how to acquire Yosemite through the proper channels but thanks for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back