CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off this is not my first build, but it is the most problematic one(3rd) to date!

I do not seem to be able to boot from either of my 2 USBs made with unibeast and Yosemite using clover efi as the loader.

Unibeast tells me it is successful, I load optimised defaults in my bios, and then disable secure boot.

I restart and no matter what usb port I use I always get the 'not bootable' disk error message when selecting the USB stick in boot start options. It feels like the USB isn't being created properly?

Any ideas?
IS the USB the issue as it is not displaying EFI on it in the bios?
Am I missing a key motherboard setting?
IS this some sort of EFI / legacy issue?

System comprises;

GB Z87X-OC
MSI 970 GTX (DVI connected)
i5 4670K HAswell

Thanks,
Simon

First off this is not my first build, but it is the most problematic one(3rd) to date!

I do not seem to be able to boot from either of my 2 USBs made with unibeast and Yosemite using clover efi as the loader.

Unibeast tells me it is successful, I load optimised defaults in my bios, and then disable secure boot.

I restart and no matter what usb port I use I always get the 'not bootable' disk error message when selecting the USB stick in boot start options. It feels like the USB isn't being created properly?

Any ideas?
IS the USB the issue as it is not displaying EFI on it in the bios?
Am I missing a key motherboard setting?
IS this some sort of EFI / legacy issue?

System comprises;

GB Z87X-OC
MSI 970 GTX (DVI connected)
i5 4670K HAswell

Thanks,
Simon

Hi this may help - If you're using Clover, build your usb installer in legacy mode - some Gigabyte boards specially 8 series seems to prefer the installer to be legacy although they are dual - legacy and UEFI. After building the installer with Clover, the EFI partition should appear on your desktop if not mount it, open it and add or make any necessary changes to make it bootable, like adding the Fake SMC kext - it will not be bootable without this kext, Null Management Kext (if necessary) and Ethernet Kext for connection to the internet - to the appropriate Kext folder - Good luck.

Thanks Eddie for the info.

Can I just follow the CLOVER YOSEMITE install guide then instead?
OR is it just a simple case of switching form efi bootloader to legacy during the unibeast process?

THanks
Simon

Thanks Eddie for the info.

Can I just follow the CLOVER YOSEMITE install guide then instead?
OR is it just a simple case of switching form efi bootloader to legacy during the unibeast process?

THanks
Simon

Yes that is a good place to start - just follow the instructions for building a Clover legacy installer, it actually recommends building it legacy for a more trouble free installation - Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back