Graphics
MSI R6850 PE/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to install OSX Lion on my Maximus V Gene mobo with an ivy i5, and it just does not want to work. For a while i was getting to the point of installation where u enter the few lines of code in terminal, but now it just wont work. Whenever I boot up with the USB stick the screen doesn't depict the little tonymac apple anymore, but instead is blank. It's not panicking, and it doesn't reboot endlessly, it will just sit at the blank screen. At this very screen if I attempt to type on the keyboard the tonymac apple appears with the code blue bar below it, but with no option to select either USB or my HDD. Anyone have any idea what is going on? :crazy: Full system specs below:

i5 3750K Ivy
Asus Maximus V Gene
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2133 (set to 1333)
MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC

Thanks in advance!

Are you using Unibeast to install?

kduvernay said:
I don't know of any place in the install that you need to enter any code in terminal except for coping the mach-kernel from the USB drive to your Lion drive on the second boot of the install. Thinking your should carefully review these two post again:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

viewtopic.php?t=59052

yeh thats where i was getting to until recently. i was getting to the mach_kernel part, but now it is just doing what i described in the first post.

Did you move the USB to a 3.0 port? If not then I think you need to recreate your Unibeast drive...

No i am not using it in a 3.0 port. When I use the command -v PCIRootUID=1 it says cannot find mach_kernel. Ideas?

HeavyArms said:
No i am not using it in a 3.0 port. When I use the command -v PCIRootUID=1 it says cannot find mach_kernel. Ideas?
When booting to which drive?

kduvernay said:
HeavyArms said:
When booting to which drive?

it doens't give me an option to boot to a drive

i'll take some screenshots and upload them in one sec.

Screenies not necessary. You have to be able to boot to the USB drive in order to run terminal and copy the mach_kernel to the Lion drive. If the USB drive is no longer bootable for what ever reason, then you'll have to recreate it as I suggested earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back