AMD Sapphire HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Been wrestling with my Hackintosh for a long time so I tried to start from scratch today. Created the installation USB just fine using Unibeast 2.0.2 (spare 2TB USB HDD I have lying around) and plugged in and turned on. It boots to the USB and I see the Chimera boot screen just fine. When I hit enter to boot up and get to the installer, it gets to the grey screen with the Apple logo and the spinning loading sign, then freezes there. When I boot up using the -v flag, the final message is "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address [what looks like my MAC address]."

Any ideas on a fix? System specs below:

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev2.0
Intel Core i7-2700K (unmodified)
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD (for OS and applications)
WD Caviar Green 2TB (data/movies/etc)
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Radeon HD6870 GPU (currently unplugged and sitting on my desk; I'm well aware of the standing issue with Unibeast installers and these cards. Been using onboard graphics for installation)

Try -v -x at the Chimera screen. Booting in safe mode does the trick for me.

Using those two boot flags was how I figured out what the last message was in the loading process, the "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address [what looks like my MAC address]". I just tried it again after letting the computer sit for a couple weeks, same thing happened.

What I found kind of odd was that when I accidentally tried to boot to the installer with my graphics card active and plugged in, it brought me PAST that screen and splashed up the white screen with the mouse cursor that means your GPU is incompatible. I wish I had any more details but I'm still stuck.

Using those two boot flags was how I figured out what the last message was in the loading process, the "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address [what looks like my MAC address]". I just tried it again after letting the computer sit for a couple weeks, same thing happened.

What I found kind of odd was that when I accidentally tried to boot to the installer with my graphics card active and plugged in, it brought me PAST that screen and splashed up the white screen with the mouse cursor that means your GPU is incompatible. I wish I had any more details but I'm still stuck.

Update #2: just to try it, I had another go with -v and -x. New messages popped up right at the end, after the Ethernet address message:

"USBF: 24.598 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800a42b000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr: 5, EP: 1)
USBF: 55.525 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800a42b000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr: 5, EP: 1)"

And it hangs there forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back