Contribute
Register

UniBeast USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with this request. I found the new unibeast 1.5 guide for ML lacking a full step-by-step instruction as it was done for Lion.

Regards.

You have to realize it only came out yesterday.

Maybe I am thinking to easy, but everything is shown when you start the program?

1. Have ML in your application folder
2. plug in usb
3. start the program
4. Hit next, agree.
5. Wait..
6. Reboot with the USB

It's pretty much the same as the lion instructions.

Now... I need help, to get my Intel 3000HD booted normally and need to know if the commands are Case Sensitive

Try GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes (case sensitive) boot -v -f -x and tell me what it says.

It's hard to read, since it goes so fast, and then it jumps into the setup menu.

Problem is, that I only see 1/4 of the screen, and that's stretched out. my screen is 1600x900, and from what I see
and I only see a part of the setup screen at the right side.

Either the GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No doesn't make any difference. it's still showing the same.

btw. was does the -f stands for?

You have to realize it only came out yesterday.

I know, but I believe there should have been a better explanation or none at all, and this just my opinion as yours is "You have to realize it only came out yesterday.". This new web site is really confusing and on top of that the guide for the ML usb is not really clear. Again, this is just my opinion and nobody else's. Another thing, I don't think it should be hard to have the "usb guide" ready since it should be very similar to the Lion guide.

Ciao.

It's hard to read, since it goes so fast, and then it jumps into the setup menu.

Problem is, that I only see 1/4 of the screen, and that's stretched out. my screen is 1600x900, and from what I see
and I only see a part of the setup screen at the right side.

Either the GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No doesn't make any difference. it's still showing the same.

btw. was does the -f stands for?

There is a lot of little Unix command that you may need to know to handle the install. I wish someone could explain things in their entirety without adding mystery and confusion. I am for calling bread "bread" and wine "wine" instead of some exotic names. Anyhow, I can only suggest to video record your screen while installing, upload it to youtube, and post it here so that you can get more help. I wish I could help you though.

When I built my Hack, I was video-recording the install just in case I got stuck. Thank God, I had no problems. For now, I will wait a few months to see if the dust settles down before I install ML. I am very happy with my SL 10.6.8, and for what I have read about ML, it does not add any value to my SL install.

Ciao!

I found a post elsewhere that has a lot of info

Here is a summary
----
Now If know what the -f is, and seems like I can do the Graphics Mode as well in the boot parameters..
was getting tired of editing the chameleon file the whole time.

Darwin boot loader level flags, for Darwin version 8.0:

-v = verbose mode. Basically tells you wants happening during boot up.

-x = Safe mode. Basically boots your system with the bare minimum kexts.

-s = Single user mode. Command line only mode. Allows you to run commands as root to fix system.

-f = Tells the machine to reload all kext and dump the boot configuration cache, (kext cache found in: /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, you can delete it manually and the system will recreate it).

"Graphics Mode"= Tells the system what resolution width, height, color depth & refresh rate to boot the OS with.

Ex: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH

For VESA 3.0 graphics, you may append a refresh rate after an "@" character

Ex: "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32@60" WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH@REFRESHRATE

rd= This parameter state what is the boot disk to use (instead of using the boot menu appearing before the prompt) you state the drive and partition in here: diskXsY where X stands for the disk number (first disk, usually primary master in IDE or SATA) 0 second disk is 1 etc.) and Y stands for the partition on that disk starting with 1 as the first partition.

Ex: rd=disk0s1 If you have one disk and one partition the parameter will look like this.

You can also use rd=*<IODeviceTree path> for booting from a PCI RAID card for example. Ex: of this would be rd=*/PCI0@0/CHN0@0/@0:1

Platform= this parameter sets the platform to use at this boot time.

Examples of this flag are:

platform=ACPI (ACPI support)
platform=X86PC (non ACPI support)
platform=ACPI|86PC (try to support ACPI if fails do not support it)

?memory = this info screen display information about the memory on the machine

?video = this info screen display information about the video card supported graphic modes

ACPI Flags

acpi=off = Don't enable ACPI

acpi=ht = Use ACPI boot table parsing, but don't enable ACPI interpreter

acpi=force = Force ACPI on (currently not needed)

acpi=strict = Disable out of spec ACPI workarounds.

acpi_sci={edge,level,high,low} Set up ACPI SCI interrupt. EX: acpi_sci=edge

acpi=noirq = Don't route interrupts

Darwin flags most commonly added to com.apple.Boot.plist file:
Note: Any flag can be added to your boot.plist but these are just the common ones.

"Boot Graphics"=Yes = Yes or No. Use graphics mode or text mode when starting. Turns off vesa mode graphics at boot.

"Quiet Boot"=Yes = Yes or No. Use quiet boot mode (no messages or prompt). Same as adding -v option.

Timeout=3 = Any number 1-100. Number of seconds to pause at the boot prompt.

debug=0x144 When added as a boot flag to your com.apple.Boot.plist will give you details about a kernel panic you have at any time when running OSX. I believe it is the same as debug=0x100, not sure.

Unknown Darwin Boot Loader Flags

Text Mode = Might be the same as -v not sure.

Kernel Flags = ?

MKext Cache = Might be to specify the mkext cache to use. Not sure.

Kernel = To specify kernel to use. Correct?

Kernel Cache = Possibly to specify where the kernel should cache?

Boot Device = Might be the same as rd= above. Not sure.

boot-uuid = Believed to be the same as for example rd=disk1s1. Not sure exactly how this is formatted and if it has any other special characteristics. Might be useful to some where the rd flag gives you trouble.

CD-ROM Prompt = ?

CD-ROM Option Key = ?

-F = Not sure could be the same as lower case -f flag.

Kernel level flags:

-l = The flag attempts to enable the L2 cache if not already enabled. Not sure if this works on hacks. If your having an L2 cache issue try this flag.

cpus= Tells the kernel how many cores there are in place. Ex: cpus=1 OR cpus=2

idlehalt= Lets you set two values ether 1 or 0 stating true or false, if set to true then at idle time the cpu will halt causing power saving and cooling of CPU, if set to 0 then the cpu will allways run even in idle time.

idlehalt=0
idlehalt=1

cpuidle= Lets you set two values ether 1 or 0 stating true or false. This flag is exactly the same as the one above I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

cpuidle=0
cpuidle=1

-legacy = causes the system to load in 32 bit mode while running on 64 bit version of OS X

debug=0x100 = To show information about kernel panics & other useful info from system at startup. If you are getting a auto rebooting from bad kernel or kext being loaded use this flag to see what it is. Will help when posting information on this forum for diagnoses.

maxmem=xxxx = This allows you to specify maximum memory used by the system. Not sure if the rest of the memory is used for apps or not. Many people have to use this if they have 4GB of memory in a 32bit OS. Ex: maxmem=2048

Here is the video

Textmac - YouTube

This is what happens after it's booted up.

Note: I tried "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32@60" and then during the boot it is indeed huge... but as soon as it switches to the installer screen
the graphics changes.

I also tried to include "GraphicsEnabler=No"

What am I missing here??

Try npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1/0 Yes i know you're on a laptop.

same issue. Boots up and only 1/4 of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back