Register

Unibeast USB Keeps Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any ideas?

**THIS WORKED FOR ME...

Go to the downloads section and update to the latest Chimera

Install, then reboot...see if you can now boot to the installer partition

So just to be clear, you're suggesting we update Chimera, then install from the Mac App Store. Then Reboot and see if it works? I think I already tried similar. But I'll do it again when I get home. Thanks for the tip whether it works or not!

no

Im saying,update to the latest chimera,,

Then follow what ever guide you are using...if its UniBeast or xMove

I did xMove and it worked perfectly

no issues here

Yay! I got mine working :) Looks like it was an issue with my BIOS. All I honestly did was enable everything that was disabled in my BIOS and it booted unibeast fine. Once I get home (2 hours) I can take a pic of what I enabled. Until then, just mess with your BIOS.

Edit: updating Chimera didn't do any good for me until I messed with my BIOS. So updating Chimera might not be the solution for everybody.

constant reboot loot specs

msi x58 pro
core i7 920
gtx 295
6gb ram

with verbose boot it goes through until
"starting darwin 86..."
then just reboots
if i use no flags it all i just get a black screen then i just get grey screen for a split second and black slides down over the top then reboots

also i dont have an 8gb usb ive been using 500gb wd passport could this be affecting install?

usb

so what are you computers specs lord?
also your using 8gb usb yeah?

nvm i read earlier post from first page
you have same chipset and a similar cpu so yeah could definitely be same issue
I was able to boot and run snow leopard and lion fine wbu lord?
Im gonna try disconnecting everything from computer that isnt needed see if that helps.

I don't have an 8GB drive. I have 2 16GB drives. Tried them both, as well as xMove. None of that worked. And right now I'm on an updated Lion install, the only thing that isn't working is my second monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back