CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
670GTX
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It is possible to create a USB installer media with Unibeast from Lion and not from Snow Leopard machine?

Sure:
1- from the Lion Installer app, open "Show Package Contents" then mount Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg by double clicking on it.

2- start Unibeast and do all the steps as in the guide,

it will create the USB drive for you...

I tried creating that Boot USB with Unibeast running Lion but it wouldnt let me install it on the USB for some reason. It did let me in Snow Leopard. Did anyone had success creating that Boot USB with Unibeast running LIon....

lucky422 said:
I tried creating that Boot USB with Unibeast running Lion but it wouldnt let me install it on the USB for some reason. It did let me in Snow Leopard. Did anyone had success creating that Boot USB with Unibeast running LIon....

Yes, I did as i described above, and I got a fully functional and bootable lion usb stick.

mcbyte_it said:
Yes, I did as i described above, and I got a fully functional and bootable lion usb stick.

I have the same problem and the UniBeast fail.
Have any idea?

lucky422 said:
What kind of problem you got with install ? I also got problem when I created USB on Lion, as I mentioned in my post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=37421 ?

mcbyte_it said:
Sure:
1- from the Lion Installer app, open "Show Package Contents" then mount Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg by double clicking on it.

2- start Unibeast and do all the steps as in the guide,

it will create the USB drive for you...

Good to hear that. I suppose this method will also work under Snow Leopard as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back