Contribute
Register

UniBeast takes forever to create USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...using Kingston DataTraveler micro 128GB"

Best to use a 16GB - 32GB USB 2 flash drive at present for your USB installer. May be able to use USB 3.0 and above soon.

If you have the time, pls read the entire thread and moderate in order to keep it relevant.

At least -
Why would anyone bother to move the installer? You can Zip it, to leave a copy for archival reasons if you have slow internet.
That's exactly what I was asking! The only problem seems to be about Finder (as well as UniBeast) being extremely slow to report progress on installer file size.

You cannot run Lion on your hardware, Apple do document this - probably on the App Store too.

Documented fix:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/
Why would I ever want to run Lion (on any hardware)? Pls re-read the thread and keep the relevant responses. It's very messy like this.

I'm getting transfer speeds of, like, 5MB/s to 9MB/s going to that USB stick when using the new Unibeast to build a Catalina installer. It's a brand-name stick, not some no-name product from China via Ebay. 16GB, not some huge size. Freshly formatted. I did get the monstrous 8GB Catalina download from Apple. So I don't know why it's so incredibly slow. I've seen bursts of higher speed but not for long :) so this problem, whatever it is, seems to be around still, a year later. I'm gonna go to bed and just let it run...

Yeah, it just takes forever... I'm using it to create a catalina installer for one desktop machine I have and the behavior is the same... I'm using my mbp 2012 (i5 with ssd and 16gb ram) to create the installer on a kingston usb3 16gb stick.

I am feeling like I've found my family... It's been 1hr and the progress of `copying files` finished like 515.8MB............

btw I am using a Kinston DataTraveler 100 G3 32GB...

Same problem here: "Installing Clover Bootloader..." for hours. USB stick led blinking very very slowly (it was faster at the beginning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back