Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti
My apologies if I look like a complete newb here as I have just recently delved into the world of Hackintosh and PC building in general. But I have run into somewhat of an issue in regards to creating a Bootable disk drive to install the Mac OS on the computer I just built. With Sierra 10.12 no longer available on the Mac App Store but UniBeast not having an up to date version for High Sierra 10.13 installation I don't quite know how to get the OS installed. My understanding is that the install has to be from the Mac App Store so that the file can "trick" Apple's servers into acknowledging my computers validity as an "apple product".

Long story short, I'm wondering if I am being too rigid in my evaluation of this system. Can I simply place the High Sierra install package on a thumb drive and have it set to the boot disk in BIOS? If not, is there a way too know when we might have an up to date Unibeast for 10.13?

The new Unibeast is being tested now and should be available shortly. You will need a Mac or CustoMac to create your Unibeast installer. Do you have one to use ?

Kind of in a similar situation.

Yes, I do have a mac. Currently using a mid 2010 Mac Pro.
Perfect, you can download High Sierra and then make your UB 8.0 High Sierra Installer. In reality, you'll need at least 4 GB of ram and 20 GB of free space. I'm sure your 2010 MP will meet those requirements. High Sierra on 2GB of ram is terribly slow and klunky. You'd be constantly writing to the page file. See the following from a ****** post:
Screen Shot 14.jpg

The MacBook Air even has an SSD drive.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back