Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Hi I just built my first hackintosh today and I am stuck at the Unibeast installation. I am running on an i5 -3570k with 8GB of ram a GA-z77x-ud5h MB 2TB HD and GTX 560ti. When I run the computer in verbose boot I get this message before it quits out.

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory."

Any suggestions? Thanks

Update:
Ok I solved the issue with the blackscreen but now I am getting a Boot 0 (I was greedy and got a 2 TB drive) and cant boot into unibeast or the hard drive to fix it or even do a reinstall. Any suggestions? thanks.

Update #2:
Solved the Boot 0 Problem now however lol... yeah still having an issue. I am booting into Chimera but after running verbose boot and everything successful I just see a black screen. I will try some other things but yeah this process is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

update# 3:
Used GraphicsEnabler: off and it worked. I am running a nvidia gtx 560 ti any ideas on what to do to make the card work better? thanks

Im getting the same problem, how did you sort the "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory." problem?

Hi I just built my first hackintosh today and I am stuck at the Unibeast installation. I am running on an i5 -3570k with 8GB of ram a GA-z77x-ud5h MB 2TB HD and GTX 560ti. When I run the computer in verbose boot I get this message before it quits out.

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory."

Any suggestions? Thanks

Update:
Ok I solved the issue with the blackscreen but now I am getting a Boot 0 (I was greedy and got a 2 TB drive) and cant boot into unibeast or the hard drive to fix it or even do a reinstall. Any suggestions? thanks.

Update #2:
Solved the Boot 0 Problem now however lol... yeah still having an issue. I am booting into Chimera but after running verbose boot and everything successful I just see a black screen. I will try some other things but yeah this process is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

update# 3:
Used GraphicsEnabler: off and it worked. I am running a nvidia gtx 560 ti any ideas on what to do to make the card work better? thanks

How you solved the black screen and "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory." problem, please help me.

How you solved the black screen and "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory." problem, please help me.

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 no such file or directory." is common to all hackintoshes. It is harmless notification, not an error that is able to cause problems. For black screen try using Graphics Enabler=no boot flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back