Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm making a new thread that's a little more clear on my issues, and time is running short because my friend is going out of town with his Mac after today. My only option then is a Snow Leopard install and spending more money. If somebody can confirm if SL will work with this, let me know. Since this is my first time building, if anyone has some recommendations, please be specific about what to do :wave: I'll be able to use the Mac a few hours from now.

Mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: i5-2500k
GPU: Radeon HD 6850
DVI for monitor

Problem 1: Unibeast Mountain Lion 1.5.2 doesn't recognize my USB. The error I got said something about it not running on OS X, but it is formatted correctly.

Problem 2: I ran Unibeast Lion 1.5.2 and this one does recognize the USB, but it doesn't find the ML app. This screenshot is from another user who had this same issue and it's what I saw as well.

27213d1344471677-ga-z68ma-d2h-b3-need-help-blank-screen-when-booting-usb-unibeast-app-folder.jpg

Problem 3: I selected the Legacy option. I don't even know what that means but thought it was worth a shot. Tried to install on my build, but after pressing F12 and selecting USB HDD to boot, my screen goes blank and I never reach the Chimera screen. I feel like the real problem is Unibeast and this last thing wouldn't happen if I got the first parts right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you format the USB thumb to a master boot partition?

Yeah, everything according to the latest guide.

i got the same problem, its done in 1 minute. is there maybe a new/different ML app or something in the app store? 2 weeks ago it was working i am 100% sure (i must say then i tried it with the unibeast 1.5.0).

its working after rebooting and use a different USB slot. not really sure what did the trick.. so the new Unibeast with the ML app is still working fine.

That's one thing I'll try later, does anyone have some other ideas?

Hi,

I have very similar system except for the CPU(i7-2600K) and Graphic card (Saphire HD-6870) and was able to install Mountain Lion using the guide from Memmerson:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

with the exception of taking the video card out before installing ML from UniBeast and putting it back in after install. In addition, I also flashed my bios to UEFI before I installed ML (not recommended by several people but I still went ahead with it for faster boot-up speed :) and made some change in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to eliminate the mouse lag's issue.

For your UniBeast issue, have you tried different USB flash drive ? In the past, I remembered having problem with making Lion installer on USB flash drive and ended up purchasing couple of a 8 USB Data Traveler G3 per some's hackintosher 's advice. They worked well for me in creating installer for both Lion and Mountain Lion installer.

Good luck !!!

I cant hit the Chimera screen either, going to try removing my HDD's later and giving it another go

Hi,

I have very similar system except for the CPU(i7-2600K) and Graphic card (Saphire HD-6870) and was able to install Mountain Lion using the guide from Memmerson:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

with the exception of taking the video card out before installing ML from UniBeast and putting it back in after install. In addition, I also flashed my bios to UEFI before I installed ML (not recommended by several people but I still went ahead with it for faster boot-up speed :) and made some change in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to eliminate the mouse lag's issue.

For your UniBeast issue, have you tried different USB flash drive ? In the past, I remembered having problem with making Lion installer on USB flash drive and ended up purchasing couple of a 8 USB Data Traveler G3 per some's hackintosher 's advice. They worked well for me in creating installer for both Lion and Mountain Lion installer.

Good luck !!!

I only have the one flash drive. Do external hard drives work?

"I only have the one flash drive. Do external hard drives work? "

I think so, as long as you can boot to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back