Contribute
Register

Unibeast not working with recent version of Lion Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same exact issue, i've tried all of these suggestions

i just get 4 files folders in the root dir

boot
Library
tmp
usr

I have resolved my issue. The version I had of Lion was old and the installer was in separate files. If you download the Installer from the app store than the installer is 1 large file and should work fine.

I am having this exact problem...any solutions yet?
Newest Lion 10.7.4 installer from app store. Corsair Voyager USB 1 partition MBR
Resulting install in only 10mb or so.

Today is your lucky day because I just ran into this problem today and solved it.

In the main directory of your currently booted partition, you may have several files and folders dealing with the Lion Installation (or Mountain Lion installation) and/or XMove.

I got rid of files and folders from the root directory of the active partition that aren't the system folders, extras folder, and maybe a kext-backup folder).

I got rid of...
  • OS X Install Data folder
    Two volumes out of the volumes folder (I think were left over from other unibeast attempts)
    A couple of other .hidden-types of files starting with ".IA" and a .Trash file, etc.

Just make sure that if you trash the files that they aren't part of the normal system files. Some of the hidden files/folders will regenerate themselves if they're needed - but don't count on it)

Once they're gone, try running the UniBeast installer again. It worked for me.

I have been using UniBeast 1.3.0 with the latest 10.7.4 on multiple USB drives with no issues. But I always format the USB drive before running UniBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back