Graphics
GT 430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just got the OSX Mountain Lion Install App from the App Store updated to 10.8.2. When I use Unibeast to create the new USB stick, it does not seem t copy the installer contents as the USB seems to have only 39MB used. When I try to boot with the USB stick, it does not show the USB stick at the boot page, only my current Lion Install.

Any Ideas?

I'm not an expert on this but:

Make sure the app is in the applications folder.
Make sure your using a empty USB stick that is formatted according to the instructions and that it is ATLEAST 8gb in size.
Try mounting the images inside the mountain lion installer so they appear on the desktop.
If you have fast internet you could try re-downloading the app in case its corrupted.

Let me know if any of this works,
MT

I'ts really strange, I erased my download and downloaded again from the App Store, but no luck. I also thought it could be my USB so I tried with the one in which I have my Lion installer (bad idea), now I cant get my ML USB created correctly but I lost my Lion USB.

BTW, I did verify that I am using a USB of the right size and formatted it exactly as the Unibeast instructions. However, the last step that you recommended, to mount the image inside the installer, that did not work, I got a checksum error with my initial download and after I re-downloaded it from the App Store again.

To make matters worst, I did not save a copy of my original 10.8.0 installer app which had beeen successful in creating the Unibeast USB, so I am now screwed.

Update

I went back and used Lion Unibeast and my Lion Installer App and was able to recreate my Lion USB. At least that rules out the USB stick but I either have an issue with Unibeast for Mountain Lion (doubt it) or I have successfully downloaded a corrupted Mountain Lion Installer twice from the APP store.

The strange thing is that with my original download of 10.8.0 (bought it the day it came out) I was able to create the USB with Unibeast but havent been able to do so with the version I'm trying to download now.

<SOLVED> Unibeast not creating USB stick correctly

So I guess the issue was my Hackintosh. For some reason, Sleep had been given me problems ever since I upgraded to 10.7.5 I would need to restart to get the setup working correctly if I allowed it to sleep. I not sure, but this must have affected my download, as each time I had downloaded the ML installer from the App Store, the system had gone to sleep or to the Login Page.

I just downloaded one more time but with speed disabled to allow the download to go uninterrupted and it seems to work now. Unibeast created the USB disk correctly. Now to try it out by installing Mountain Lion.

I am having the same exact problem!

I am having the same problem.

Not sure how to move forward with this.

I am using a Macbook Pro to and ML 10.8.2

Any advice would be a big help.

Thanks
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back