CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Enter Bios and make sure that your sata controller is set to AHCI not IDE or what ever elese

jebner2 said:
Enter Bios and make sure that your sata controller is set to AHCI not IDE or what ever elese

I actually had this issue when I had my USB plugged into the USB3 port...

Thanks! It was the AHCI setting for me in the BIOS. Hard to believe a brand new Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 would come with a default setting of IDE, but it did.

OK found this in another forum, Make sure the HDD is plugged into the blue port in motherboard! I had same problem and now it shows up and installing X.

wiredkel said:
Thanks! It was the AHCI setting for me in the BIOS. Hard to believe a brand new Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 would come with a default setting of IDE, but it did.

Where were you about to change it?
When I go into Advanced BIOS Features, there is no option to change from IDE to AHCI.
Am I doing something wrong?

Found it...
For anyone else looking, go to Intergrated Peripherals, and change GSATA3 Ctrl Mode.

I changed that, and switched all the cables/ports... Still not working... Any ideas?

tschulz said:
wiredkel said:

When I go into Advanced BIOS Features, there is no option to change from IDE to AHCI.

Found it...
For anyone else looking, go to Intergrated Peripherals, and change GSATA3 Ctrl Mode.

I changed that, and switched all the cables/ports... Still not working... Any ideas?

i can solve this problem yeahh!!!

i go to bios setting and and chang IDE to AHCI then save and exit

boot from unibeast . when it ask to which drive to install and still no any drive found .

just go to disk utility you should found in that place. :cool:

paipai said:
tschulz said:
wiredkel said:

Found it...

i can solve this problem yeahh!!!

i go to bios setting and and chang IDE to AHCI then save and exit

boot from unibeast . when it ask to which drive to install and still no any drive found .

just go to disk utility you should found in that place. :cool:

Ah Ha! Success! You are my hero! Thanks

For those that can't find the hdd. The disk utility is on the top of the screen. It is just cut off and you can't see it. Move you're mouse around the top of the screen and start clicking. You'll find it. Then format the hdd (or ssd) to mac format.

For those that can't find the hdd. The disk utility is on the top of the screen. It is just cut off and you can't see it. Move you're mouse around the top of the screen and start clicking. You'll find it. Then format the hdd (or ssd) to mac format.

Or adjust your monitor settings so you can view the entire screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back