Contribute
Register

unibeast Mountain Lion clean install on macbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't owned a legit mac in a long time so I don't what would happen, but I don't think it's a good idea because UniBeast has got Chimera on it which is a Fake Simulator of the Original EFI that Real Macs use and it may not like it, why don't you just install Mountain Lion the normal way?

anyone attemped this?

I would like to install a clean install on my sister in laws MacBook but dont want to have to deal with other developers methods

thanks

If your sister's MacBook is capable of running Mountain Lion and accessing the Mac App Store (you didn't gave us your sister's MacBook details), just buy it and download it.

Never, ever, use any tonymacx86 methods for installing OS X on a genuine Apple Mac product. The tonymacx86 software and procedures are for PeeCee hardware, only. Installing the tonymacx86 software on an Apple Mac product will render that product unusable.

If your sister's MacBook is capable of running Mountain Lion and accessing the Mac App Store (you didn't gave us your sister's MacBook details), just buy it and download it.

Never, ever, use any tonymacx86 methods for installing OS X on a genuine Apple Mac product. The tonymacx86 software and procedures are for PeeCee hardware, only. Installing the tonymacx86 software on an Apple Mac product will render that product unusable.

thank you - excaclty the clarification I was looking for

honestly not sure of her exact specks - believe its a late 2009 - but she upgraded to lion from snow leopard and has not been happy since (slow and lagging) and I suspect (from my own experiences) that a clean install may speed things up again

anyone attemped this?

I would like to install a clean install on my sister in laws MacBook but dont want to have to deal with other developers methods

thanks
The Unibeast Methode don't work on real Mac's. If you have purchased ML from the Appstore, you'll find "Install OSX Mountain Lion.app" in your Application Folder. Rightclick on it and click "Show Contents". Navigate to Contents->SharedSupport and double-click the big *.dmg File to mount it. Run Disk Utility, insert a 8GB USB Thumb, Partition it into one Partition with GUID and format it Mac OS X Extended. On the left side in Disk Utility mark the former mounted *.dmg and than click restore. Drag'n'Drop the former partitioned USB Partition into the Source Field and click restore down below. This takes 15 to 20 mins to finish. Use that Stick for a clean Install on your Sister in Laws Macbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back