Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've purchased and downloaded ML from the App Store and did the following:

1) Downloaded UniBeast 1.5
2) Used Disk Util to create a new partition on my 8GB USB Stick (followed all the directions)
3) Ran UniBeast and after about an hour it just finished now.

When I check the USB drive, it shows that it's capacity if 8.01GB and available is 7.98GB's - does that mean my UniBeast installation didn't work correctly? Shouldn't the USB drive be fuller??

i would assume you're right and nothing was copied onto your flash drive. you can confirm by double-clicking on the usb icon and see what the contents are.

assuming nothing was copied:

unibeast looks for ML in your applications folder, which is where the app store places it. if you moved it to another folder after it downloaded, move it back to the apps folder and try again.

It looks like it's copied stuff over, but the Install OS X Mountain Lion file is only 21.7 MB - does that seem right?

Attachments

• mountain_lion.jpg
    mountain_lion.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 195
I think it's right, as the installer on your flash drive is just the installer app, not the system itself. The system is in the other files (extracted from a file called InstallESD.dmg, which was inside the installer app when you downloaded it from Mac App Store).

PS: I'm still waiting for my copy of ML to download, but only 9 minutes left :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back