Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am trying to create a bootable mac using an encrypted version of Yosemite but it gives me this error :

"There was an error starting UNIBEAST process"

Would you please help me to solve this issue ?

Thank you

Hello,

I am trying to create a bootable mac using an encrypted version of Yosemite but it gives me this error :

"There was an error starting UNIBEAST process"

Would you please help me to solve this issue ?

Thank you
What do you mean by "encrypted version of Yosemite"?

Thank you for the reply,

Yes but I also tested it using a non encrypted version of Yosemite on my MacMini and I still have the same error...

These are the steps that I did :
1- Partitioning my USB thumb drive and then formatting it using MacOS Journaled in MasterBoot record mode

2- Copying the downloaded Yosemite from AppStore to my applications folder

3- Running UniBeast !

Would you please tell me what am I doing wrong?

thankyou again

Thank you for the reply,

Yes but I also tested it using a non encrypted version of Yosemite on my MacMini and I still have the same error...

These are the steps that I did :
1- Partitioning my USB thumb drive and then formatting it using MacOS Journaled in MasterBoot record mode

2- Copying the downloaded Yosemite from AppStore to my applications folder

3- Running UniBeast !

Would you please tell me what am I doing wrong?

thankyou again
What do you mean by "2- Copying the downloaded Yosemite from AppStore to my applications folder"?

I downloaded the Yosemite about 1 month ago and I kept a copy of it in my External hard drive. Since I didn't want to download it again I copied the previously downloaded Yosemite to my applications folder. This is what I normally do to create normal OS X boot USB using terminal.

And Unibeast accepts this file but my problem is with the last step in Unibeast.

Thank you

I downloaded the Yosemite about 1 month ago and I kept a copy of it in my External hard drive. Since I didn't want to download it again I copied the previously downloaded Yosemite to my applications folder. This is what I normally do to create normal OS X boot USB using terminal.
And Unibeast accepts this file but my problem is with the last step in Unibeast.
Thank you

It sounds like UniBeast may not actually "like" the copy of Yosemite you have. I would re-download a fresh copy of Yosemite and a copy of the newest UniBeast and start there

Thank you very much for your replies ...

I re-downloaded the Yosemite from AppStore and created a normal boot using terminal to see if it is corrupted or not (which worked totally fine), but I still have this problem with unibeast !!!

Thank you very much for your replies ...

I re-downloaded the Yosemite from AppStore and created a normal boot using terminal to see if it is corrupted or not (which worked totally fine), but I still have this problem !!!

Did you do as the instruction in the link say?
  • To fix this issue you need to delete all copies of "Install OS X xxxxxxx.app" from all mounted volumes and empty the Trash. Then download it again to ensure that you are downloading a clean complete copy from the Mac App Store.

Yes, AppStore does not let you download a new copy of Yosemite if you have a previous version of it on mounted on your HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back