GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys!

I created the UniBeast USD and changed all BIOS Settings to whats recommended here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

I Booted and got to the USB option to choose (chimera). Pressed enter and installation begins. I get the Apple logo and the progress circle moving around. After a while, (maybe a minute) it freezes and nothing else happens.

Tried booting with -v (please see picture attached). If I boot in safe mode -x, the progress circle keeps rotating for very long and nothing else happens except i get a small icon over the apple (liked a "NOT" sign).

this is my hardware:

Intel Core i7-2600K
GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s

PLEASE HELP!
thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 823
maybe it has to do that I don't have a graphics card? although the MB has one. I get an ErrorCode: 8877652 but don't know if it has something to do... plis help...

I've got a Gigabyte 6870 (built just like the Nov 18 CustoMac Recommended Hardware Guide) and am getting the exact same thing.

Same specs as you, but I've removed 12GB leaving only 4GB of RAM in.

Using the F8 bios rev..

I've had similar issues with the onboard video. Luckily I have an old 9800 video card lying around that I could test with. With this video card in place I am able to move on in the install ( I have 14 minutes left eta on a Lion install).

Pretty much identical setup to the recommended build (with the exception of the video card and Msata SSD drive)
Intel Core i7-2600K
GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
1TB drive
F8 Bios

I have a SSD and video card on order, just awaiting their arrival, but wanted to play with the build before they arrived :headbang:

I am sure someone with much better skills at this could possibly get it to work with the onboard video, but with this old video card I moved right on past that locking circle!

And I am now typing this message on a working Lion install on this setup..... :thumbup:

Fixed mine when I swapped over to the other display output on the HD6870.

Not sure why it worked with Leopard on that other output though, as I had the impression it was the first port.

Hi, I've the same problem unresolved.
My build:
Gigabyte Z69XP-UD4
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gigabyte HD6950
16 Kingston 1600 DDR
F5 Bios
Three monitors (DP + DVIx2)
Using the UniBeats method (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html)

I was able to pass the Logo screen just one time. After that it never works again :(. I test a lot of changes but nothing works.
Hope to have better news !

Hi guys!
Thanks for all your input. At least I'm not the only one with this issue. I'll try to source a graphics card from a friend and see if I can continue with the installation procedure. Although it would be nice not to "need" a graphics cars. At least in my case I don't plan to use heavy graphics nor games, just regular email Internet, and a virtual machine with windows in it.

clobberator said:
Fixed mine when I swapped over to the other display output on the HD6870.

Not sure why it worked with Leopard on that other output though, as I had the impression it was the first port.

I have a 6870 coming. Nice to know if I run into issues, swap to the other display!

Guys I was able to pass the apple Logo issue with this command: "PCIRootUID=0"

I'm currently installing Lion, having problems with the ethernet card, its not connecting to the internet...

Happy to move one step forward.
regards,c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back